The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Tile - SnapshotWed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

In every five minutes

+6
Backstage
Ethical Trader
The Invisible
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
malanp
yellow knife
10 posters
Go down
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

In every five minutes Empty In every five minutes

Wed May 02, 2018 1:06 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
It seems a minister is born in every five minutes in Sri Lanka as per new alert of today and yesterday.

In every five minutes Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqhEZLTQLuwffUeZgSty5TwepFSuIHFEgd1C9IJ6_K23McN5iC
malanp

In every five minutes Empty Re: In every five minutes

Wed May 02, 2018 1:14 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
20 million people are waiting silently while 225 monkies raping the country..

Another joke by Patholaya...

"Sri Lanka is currently facing various problems because of the personal agendas of politicians, President Maithripala Sirisena said today.

He said this at a ceremony to mark the 25th death anniversary of former President Ranasinghe Premadasa at Hulftsdorp last morning."
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed May 02, 2018 1:27 pm
I think that we have passed the " Point of No Return " (PNR) and resuscitating it will not a possibility anymore. Sad
The Invisible
The Invisible

Wed May 02, 2018 5:53 pm
The greatest thing to see in the new cabinet reshuffle was the appointment of SF as the minister of wild life conservation lol! jocolor
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu May 03, 2018 7:19 am
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:I think that we have passed the " Point of No Return " (PNR) and resuscitating it will not a possibility anymore. Sad

This is what my worry is too.. Yesterday I was listening to newly appointed assistant ministers, like Range bandara , ranjan rama etc.. they all believe that they deserve more than what they are given.

Newly appointed Shame ful minister for Higher Education recalled a personal grudge... My god where are we heading..

We can never be satisfied with the Minsters of MR era like Mervyn, Muthuhettigama, SB etc...

I have read books read by Dr. Sarath Amunugama. Yet why does this educated man fails to show his capabilities?
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu May 03, 2018 9:04 am
Is he really a capable guy or just lucky enough to be born into a wealthy family and enjoy all the benefits of being part of the higher place in the pecking order.
Look at the other Dr in the NATO boys camp who is trying to surpass වයිමා now.
With his qualifications, he would not have found a reasonably paying job in the country where he was awarded the doctorate.
Simply being a FRCS, he knows that he is in the elite class in this country, so he returned and now playing like an Expert.
This is the story of Sri Lanka.
My advice to young and educate, get out before it is too late.
yellow knife wrote:
I have read books read by Dr. Sarath Amunugama. Yet why does this educated man fails to show his capabilities?
malanp

Thu May 03, 2018 10:34 am
When a Lion work under a donkey, lion becomes a donkey.
When a donkey work under Lion, donkey becomes a Lion.

In sri lanka is so many lions becoming real donkeys when they join SLFP or UNP because these two parties are under donkey leadership for decades.. It will continue for next few decades.

I wonder what has happened to the so called educated class in the country. they are sleeping as it they are living in another country or they have been bought by these donkey leaderships..
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu May 03, 2018 10:47 am
ආත්මය විකුණන්න ලැස්ති නැති අය රටින් පිට ගිහින් ආයේ හොද කලක් ආපු දවසක එන්න සිහින මව මවා ඉන්නවා. ආත්මය විකුණපු අය අද ලොකු පුටු රත්කරකර බුරුවන්ව රකින්න කබුරනවා. Shocked
malanp wrote:
I wonder what has happened to the so called educated class in the country. they are sleeping as it they are living in another country or they have been bought by these donkey leaderships..
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu May 03, 2018 12:47 pm
It is time for the Civil Society to show their power to these donkeys.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu May 03, 2018 6:26 pm
YK, Dr. Amunugama has been an enigma for me too, he was a part of the "bright batch" of graduates in the heady days of post independence. Served in the civil service and also patronized the arts. Had all the ingredients for a multi faceted statesman with intellectual depth, but fell woefully short in the world of politics by taking part in the "games" . He has also made some disgraceful speeches, which made me surprised and sad. What a waste. but he still towers above the rest of the scum who are his colleagues.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Thu May 03, 2018 6:46 pm
Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)
I just saw this thread and read people's comments with interest.

I saw Kithsiri asking younger Gens to leave the country.
I saw people saying Sri Lanka is at point of no return.
There was a question why Dr S Amunugama hasn't showed his capacity.

I usually keep asking the forum where is the problem in Sri Lanka?  But no one address the real issues yet.

Let me put it this way

1) Who sends Scoundrels and Jokers to parliament who in turn appoints further henchman/robber/jokers to  destroy and rob the country ?  

2) Who does not recognize the Decent  and the Capable in the country WHO WANTS TO MAKE A CHANGE  but enough people are not behind them  to support the cause demotivating them ?

3) Who lets the old woman who robbed 2 Mangos to satisfy her hunger rot in Jail while Multi billion theives  allowed to let go ?

4) If one thinks  the uneducated/rural mass  are at fault for voting  blindly to send the  rogues to parliament  ( usually from the 2 big parties  UNP or SLFP)

OKAY , THEN WHAT ARE THE EDUCATED AND CAPABLE PEOPLE DOING?

5) Even when we know some people rob the country left and right , why do they always get big votes at the elections giving them more power to do their biding ?

We can talk a lot.  But in real life how many of us

a) fearlessy stand up  to support when someone is trying to make a change .
Just as Exs : hate/like him or not Ranjan Ramanayake is not a thief and  is trying to expose the rogues within his political limits. There are few more in JVP who are the same but has no power ( they talk only but can't do anything).

b) try to live as an example to others / younger genrations

Ex  i)  Do you cross the road at any place or cross at a Zebra crossing?
     ii) Are you responsibly disposing Garbage
     iii)   Since we think CSE is usually for non innocent + cunning people,
       do you also trying to join them ( as you can't beat them) or do you try to act
       /earn ethically ?

Before we start elsewhere .. we SHOULD START WITH ....

Don't forget Malaysia and Singapore was worse than us at some point.
Now they are superior to SL in many ways.

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri May 04, 2018 7:44 am
SLS... yes the change should come within...However single isolated efforts are not enough... There should be more collective efforts.

Backstage.. Yes I am really worried about Sarath Amunugama...

Kith, One very good father of four, said his advice for his siblings is never leave the country and do your best to the country... I too believe , this is the country we should live and correct.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 am
I do not give bribes nor take.
I do not use backdoors to gain access to what is not mine nor allow anyone to use me as a springboard to gain what is not rightful his or her.
As you very correctly said, a few isolated efforts are just not sufficient to make a tidal wave.
So the best young and educated can do is to leave.
Now to the question of as to why we do not want real change.
As I have been saying, we do not want to lose our connections in the society, or otherwise, we will eventually lose our position in the pecking order.
Look, what happened to the Cricket & Athletics in Sri Lanka.
A few decades ago, both were dominated locally by a few from so-called elite schools in the country and they failed miserably in the international arenas.
Then came the village lads with no big tags behind their names came into fore and the scene was completely changed.
Unless the selection is purely on merit base is installed, nothing is going to change and we will be sending mediocre talents and then try to make them heroes.
Dr SA is one such and the Dr from the NATO clan is another such good example.
One need not be a FRCS to be successful.
yellow knife wrote:SLS... yes the change should come within...However single isolated efforts are not enough... There should be more collective efforts.

Backstage.. Yes I am really worried about Sarath Amunugama...

Kith, One very good father of four, said his advice for his siblings is never leave the country and do your best to the country... I too believe , this is the country we should live and correct.
malanp

Sat May 05, 2018 10:53 am

Change the mind of 20m people is an impossible task, might take 1000 years, but change the mind of two leaders, President and Pri-minister is quite possible..

So instead of asking 20m people to change we should try to change the mind of our leaders.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat May 05, 2018 11:03 am
Heard the BASL has finally agreed to support Mr Kodituwakku and this may be the turning point for them to think differently.  Very Happy
malanp wrote:
Change the mind of 20m people is an impossible task, might take 1000 years, but change the mind of two leaders, President and Pri-minister is quite possible..

So instead of asking 20m people to change we should try to change the mind of our leaders.

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 8:33 pm
Yes collective efforts are definitely needed.

Maybe you"ll noticed how I constantly asked people to stand up for the right for wrong doings at this forum ( if we can't do it here itself how do we do it at bigger scale?) and at country level.

But for all of you , here is question . What happens if everybody says

I will not do my part until collective changes will happen.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 am
ආඩි හත්දෙනාගේ කතාව වගේ.  Very Happy
This is exactly what is going on in this country.
We blame all others for our collective failures and then wait for another to come and rescue us from the mistery than taking one small step forward. Shocked
(We are afraid of losing our position in the societies pecking order).
slstock wrote:Yes collective efforts are definitely needed.

Maybe you"ll noticed how I constantly asked people to stand up for the right for wrong doings at this forum ( if we can't do it here itself how do we do it at bigger scale?) and at country level.

But for all of you , here is question .  What happens if everybody says

I will not do my part until  collective changes will  happen
CK
CK

Sun May 06, 2018 11:31 am
malanp wrote:

Best practical comment ...
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun May 06, 2018 12:23 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
CK wrote:
malanp wrote:

Best practical comment ...

Think we should read carefully what kithsiri said one post above.
malanp

Sun May 06, 2018 9:46 pm
We can collectively commit suicide. That is the only option left with us now..
pjrngroup

Sun May 06, 2018 10:59 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Something good from the current government,,,,we all should encourage the brave official,,,and to trun back our nation towards

The yahapalana government has often been widely criticised for going slow if not having back door deals in cases relating to large scale bribery, corruption or fraud by politicians and top officials. But the government got a major boost on Wednesday when two top officials were arrested by the Commission Investigating Allegations of Bribery or Corruption (CIABOC).

Dr. I.H.K. Mahanama, the President’s Chief of staff and the State Timber Corporation (STC) Chairman P. Dissanayaka were arrested by CIABOC officers while they were accepting a bribe of Rs.20 million from an Indian company official for the transfer of land, buildings and equipment of the Kantale Sugar Factory. Dr. Mahanama was earlier the secretary to the land ministry and is one of the highest ranking government officials to be arrested on bribery charges in recent decades. Dr. Mahanama and Mr. Dissanayaka were produced before Colombo Chief Magistrate Lal Ranasinghe Bandara at his Sarana Road residence. CIABOC officers said that the two top officials had initially sought a bribe of more than Rs.540 million, but had later agreed to reduce it to Rs.100 million. They were caught at the car park of a luxury hotel in Colombo while accepting an initial payment of Rs.20 million. The magistrate ordered that they be remanded till May 9.

State Television said yesterday, President Maithripala Sirisena had expressed satisfaction over the arrest of the two top officials and ordered that they be suspended from the public service till the case was completed. He also assured the CIABOC, there would be no government interference in the case and the officers should go ahead with the efficiency, courage and independence they showed in arresting the top officials though at least one of them apparently worked closely with the president.

Since the introduction of the 19th amendment in April 2015 and an Independent Constitutional Council was appointed and this council in turn recommended appointments to the Independent Public Services Commission, the National Police Commission, the Judicial Services Commission and the CIABOC. Wednesday’s dramatic arrest by the CIABOC proved its independence because apparently the President or the Prime Minister were not told of the move or asked whether the arrest should be made. This is how it should be and this is how we hope it would be in the future also with the independent commissions acting independently without being influenced by the President, the Prime Minister, Ministers, MPs or other politicians.

Wednesday’s arrest should also serve as a stern warning to officials that they would face arrest, jail terms and removal from service if they dared to rob public money by indulging in large scale bribery, corruption or other frauds relating to State projects. We also hope the CIABOC would act with similar efficiency, courage and independence even if such cases involved politicians including ministers.

The yahapalana government, during the campaign for the presidential election on January 8, 2015 assured it would take action quickly against the former regime’s top politicians and officials who are alleged to have plundered billions of rupees in public money. But the process has been unusually slow amid allegations of backdoor deals to stall or slow down the investigations. So far, the former regime’s only top official arrested and remanded for some time has been the former president’s secretary Lalith Weerantunga. Cases are pending against the former president’s brother Basil Rajapaksa, former ministers and top officials but progress has been painfully and sometimes suspiciously slow.

We hope that when parliament resumes sittings on May 8 after the prorogation, the Judicature Act will be presented soon with the amendments proposed by the Supreme Court. Then we would have three Special High Courts with three-judge benches to conduct daily sittings, in the morning and the afternoon, in cases related to bribery, corruption, fraud or other political crimes by politicians or officials.

On Wednesday we saw good governance and transparency, accountability and independence in action. We hope we will see this often and yahapalanaya will turn from a bit of a joke it is now, into a pillar of justice and democracy with politicians and officials serving the people selflessly, sincerely and sacrificially. Anyone indulging in business, big time bribery, corruption, fraud or other political crimes must end up where they belong – in jail and in the garbage dumps of history.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed May 09, 2018 10:00 am
yes we should appreciate good work by President. Above arrest is one good example.

It was followed by bad example.

A drop of cow-dung mixed to the pot of milk.

වෙනදා ප‍්‍රශ්ණ අහන්නත් කලින් උත්තර දෙන රාජිත කඩඉම් ප‍්‍රශ්ණයකින් ඇණ ගනී.. උත්තර නැතිව වටපිට බලා ලිස්සයි.. [Video]
May 8, 2018 at 10:45 pm | lanka C news In every five minutes Rajitha
කැබිනට් මාධ්‍ය ප‍්‍රකාශක ඇමති රාජිත සේනාරත්න මාධ්‍යවේදීන් අතර ප‍්‍රසිද්දව ඇත්තේ සාමාන්‍යයෙන් ප‍්‍රශ්නය අහන්නට කලින් පිලිතුරු දෙන්නෙකු ලෙසයි.
එසේ වුවද අද පැවති මාධ්‍ය හමුවකදී මාධ්‍යවේදියෙකු අසන ලද ප‍්‍රශ්නයක් හේතුවෙන් රාජිත සේනාරත්න ඇමතිවරයාට කට උත්තර නැතිව ගියේය.
බරපතල වංචාවන් දෙදක් සම්බන්ධයෙන් චෝදනා එල්ල වී ඇති අනුරුද්ද පොල්ගම්පල රාජ්‍ය දැව සංස්ථාවේ සභාපති ලෙස පත් කලේ කුමන හේතුවක් නිසාදැයි ඇමතිවරයා නිසි පිලිතුරක් නොදුන් පැනය විය
spw19721
spw19721

Wed May 09, 2018 8:00 pm
yellow knife wrote:yes we should appreciate good work by President. Above arrest is one good example.

It was followed by bad example.

A drop of cow-dung mixed to the pot of milk.

වෙනදා ප‍්‍රශ්ණ අහන්නත් කලින් උත්තර දෙන රාජිත කඩඉම් ප‍්‍රශ්ණයකින් ඇණ ගනී.. උත්තර නැතිව වටපිට බලා ලිස්සයි.. [Video]
May 8, 2018 at 10:45 pm | lanka C news  In every five minutes Rajitha
කැබිනට් මාධ්‍ය ප‍්‍රකාශක ඇමති රාජිත සේනාරත්න මාධ්‍යවේදීන් අතර ප‍්‍රසිද්දව ඇත්තේ සාමාන්‍යයෙන් ප‍්‍රශ්නය අහන්නට කලින් පිලිතුරු දෙන්නෙකු ලෙසයි.
එසේ වුවද අද පැවති මාධ්‍ය හමුවකදී මාධ්‍යවේදියෙකු අසන ලද ප‍්‍රශ්නයක් හේතුවෙන් රාජිත සේනාරත්න ඇමතිවරයාට කට උත්තර නැතිව ගියේය.
බරපතල වංචාවන් දෙදක් සම්බන්ධයෙන් චෝදනා එල්ල වී ඇති අනුරුද්ද පොල්ගම්පල රාජ්‍ය දැව සංස්ථාවේ සභාපති ලෙස පත් කලේ කුමන හේතුවක් නිසාදැයි ඇමතිවරයා නිසි පිලිතුරක් නොදුන් පැනය විය

නිලදාරී වාදයට අවශ්ය නම් තමන්ගේ ඉල්ලීම් නොලැබෙන විටකදී රාජ්ය සේවය අකර්මණ්ය කරලා රටේ ආර්තිකය අස්ථාවර කරන්න පුලුවන්. දේශපාලන මුල් පුටු වෙනස් කලත් නිලදාරී වාදය මුලිනුපුටා දමන එක අමාරු වැඩක්.එහෙම කරන්න නම් ප්‍රේමදාස මහත්තයා වගේ කෙනෙක් ඉන්න ඔනි. Laughing Laughing
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum