The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?

+15
pjrngroup
nihal123
malanp
serene
spw19721
Yin-Yang
mymoney
CK
The Alchemist
Ethical Trader
yellow knife
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
lanka
Rana
slstock
19 posters
Go down
CK
CK

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:04 am
I think this promoting/demoting thing is highly relative to each other. So due to this reason, someone can categorise any post as promotional. We must be very careful when we accuse some one as a promoter therefore.
My personal opinion is due to this accusation of promotions, our forum lost some rare talented investors and writers which others could have learned lot.
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Empty Re: Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:52 am
slstock wrote:
serene wrote:Really appreciate SLS for the effort and the dedication put upon on Comprehensive write up which covers all the facets one can draw to explain the doom state of CSE.
If i were to come up with any explanations for the same I wouldn't be able to come up with any plausible explanation other than boils down this Languishing and utter chaotic CSE behavior to inter connection between the Share Markets and the capabilities and Confidants  Investors could put upon on Politicians( ruling party as well as the Opposition) of their respective countries. Otherwise why only us.

Sadly yes, it not the value  that matter to most  people at CSE.

Developed markets (  though naturally acting on sentiments at times) , responds more to reason/valuations in medium term. Politics/politicians seems to have a too big of a role in SL investor minds. We are generally of bunch of people who are influenced/brain washed  easily even if a lie can be seen  in front of our eyes.

serene wrote:
But still we are collecting fundamentally sound shares which are at a really appealing prices.And also keep the eye on possible trading opportunities once the market is turned.
But the million dollar question is When???

But I see you are immune to such and thinking on the right path Smile
When?
Well did you notice the market turned green and now  trying to consolidate.
Will negative people and other forces try to break the current consolidation/positivity  to bring it down again ? Will other start selling their PE 3-4 shares too?  
That maybe the next  million $ question now ?
If so  more ASI downfall can come.
True. Market is consolidation state.Red among few days of Green days are warmly welcome for sustainable uptrend.wish the same pattern remain intact at least for one to two months to bring the confidence back.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:54 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
This is my very own experience.
A very senior and highly respected member of this and our previous forums PM me once promoting a share that never caught my attention for obvious reasons.
Glad, I did not listen to his friendly advice.
Now, this share is in real shit.
Perhaps, such behind the scene promotions too are working here but hitherto none have brought such incidents to the surface.

serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:02 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:This is my very own experience.
A very senior and highly respected member of this and our previous forums PM me once promoting a share that never caught my attention for obvious reasons.
Perhaps, such behind the scene promotions too are working here but hitherto none have brought such incidents to the surface.
Rajgama Kithsiri kiyanne nikan neweine. Very Happy
CK
CK

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:33 am
Actually this could be a truly friendship advice from that senior person. Unfortunately it has gone other way as you said. Otherwise what he can gain by promoting it to you as you are not an institutional big buyer who can pump the price of it...
Can someone explain this to me... Question
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:16 am
CK wrote:
Actually this could be a truly friendship advice from that senior person. Unfortunately it has gone other way as you said. Otherwise what he can gain by promoting it to you as you are not an institutional big buyer who can pump the price of it...

Can someone explain this to me

... Question

Baba,

The explanation is that,
Rajgama uncle mentioned the incident that the advice was a flop.
If it worked he wouldn't bother.....

Would you uncle?
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 am
i was a rather passive participant these days. Now I observe following.

A rather research oriented argument raised by Ying-Yang initally. I preferred Ying Yang would continue it in that way.

Suddenly Ying-Yang turned to ET on promotional matter.

Then Kithsiri came up with an example of promotional effort. CK finds justifiable reasons for the PMer to Kith.

And now we all a treading on the path / thread created by SLS

Arguments are always healthily as long as they confine to professional levels.

What has caused CSE to go down ?

1. What is the effect of GDP?

I tried to combine few countries GDP growth with its Stock Indices, yet so far I failed to do that.

2. Promotions of shares.

Rather than defining the Promoters, its better if we understand the sensitive levels.
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:44 am
My friend Yellow Boy,

There are 3 instances we can we see the true nature of a person.

One instance is when he is utterly provoked.

You have shown that when you were labelled a criminal.
SLS has shown many a times.
ET has just shown
Kith Uncle is yet to show.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:55 am
I understand your attempting to provoke and being a martial artist I have understood its better to remain unprovoked, as then only one can carefully select when to block and when to attack.

But my dear Ying-Yang, this thread should have flown more calmly touching much depth
pjrngroup

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:29 am
Totally agree with YK.
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:54 am
Sometimes adding some ginger makes the tea stronger.
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:58 am
You know buddy; that Bandula fellow who said we can live with just 200 bucks used to be a tuition master sometime ago.

The girls loved to go to his classes.
Not because his lessons were good.

But just to hear those double meaning nonsense.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:29 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Now I can talk about Bandula... his Dodang Gedi and other double meanings...

Problem is we are deviating from the main purpose of the thread.

Now lets see we talked about Brexit and SLS took so much effort that day to discuss its effect to CSE as well.

I started many threads on Shares...

Let these threads remain for the purpose it intend to. so later when we want to re refer about CIND.N0000 we can just type that and get the thread.

If CIND is too spicy with too much Ginger in it, it has no value .

I agree with adding spices and Ginger.. Yet please do it with small portions.. Or else we would feel we are drinking Ginger with a little bit of added tea.

Ying-Yang earlier I used to combine two topics in Trading Economics and show the relationship between two varaibles.

Say stock market and GDP Annual growth in one chart... so far I failed to combine.. Please check wether you can do that.

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Sri-lanka-gdp-growth
Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Historical
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:05 pm
@ CK
The person I mentioned was a trusted person then and true that I am not a big buyer too.
But depending on the number of PMs that person has sent would have had an effect on that particular share price if all acted blindly.

@ YY
I do not buy on others advice unless my gut tells me to go for it.
And the way he was trying to sugar coat it, I knew without much trouble that it was just promotional material only.

(Now that Milk has turned sour and there was no Luck in that).

Yin-Yang wrote:
CK wrote:

Can someone explain this to me

... Question

Baba,

The explanation is that,
Rajgama uncle mentioned the incident that the advice was a flop.
If it worked he wouldn't bother.....

Would you uncle?

malanp

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:28 pm
CSE going through a tough time, this tough time is part of normal stock market cycle. So we don’t need to worry much as the next period of the cycle will happen in the future..

The main reason is  the uncertainity of future of the country . This prevent investors putting their money into shares.
government economic policies are uncertain, Government next actions are uncertain. Policies are reversed the next day they implemented.  In US everybody knows there is death penalty, In UK everybody knows there is no death penalty. But in Sri Lanka nobody knows there is a death penalty or not. It it totally uncertain. So are the other government policies, today policy is reversed tomorrow..
President talks, Priminster talks, ministers talk, at the end what happens is totally opposite of what they talk.
Law & order is uncertain as justice is not prevailed .
Government future is uncertain as JO trying to topple the government.
Under these uncertain circumstances no stock market will go up to its true value.
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:55 pm
yellow knife wrote:
+
+

Ying-Yang earlier I used to combine two topics in Trading Economics and show the relationship between two varaibles.

Say stock market and GDP Annual growth in one chart... so far I failed to combine.. Please check wether you can do that.

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Historical

YB,
Being an enthusiastic video editor, I cannot imagine why you cannot edit some simple pics together.

++
Anybody who can help our Boy !?
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:01 pm
malanp wrote:
+
+
President talks, Priminster talks, ministers talk, at the end what happens is totally opposite of what they talk.
+
+

Kiddo,

You're too small to understand the evolution of professorial politicians.

This is the way they evolve;

When you're new in the scene, you work hard without eating, without talking
When you are a little big, you work a lot, and talk a little.
When you're bigger, you work a little, eat a little and talk a little.
When you're the biggest, you Talk a lot, eat a lot and do nothing.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:02 pm
Facts of life:

There are
* people who add value to our lives,and there are people who add just trouble.
* people who are more humanitarians and then there are people who aren't
* destructive people/forces in the world and then there are constructive people /forces in the world.
* people who alwasy see the negative. There people
who always see the positive. Then there a few few who tried to be balanced in the middle.

It's so easy to figure out who is who/which is which by looking at actions/what they say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If someone want to find  promotional/demotional posts, it is so very easy.

As matured adults hopefully we have reasoning power.
Be impartial and ask yourself, does the post seem genuine motive with educational facts  or is it done for personal/non genuine purposes.  

Your heart will tell you the answer.

But if the little voice in your head still tells to ignore the obvious facts  and pretend nothing happened, its your call depending on yours needs.

If you are New to market and still confused , just watch what the person says , does and his/her behavior over few months. Then it will be apparent what the motive  is  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

A word on 3 Senior members here

After knowing Kithsiri for many years, I can firmly say he is  smart  enough to identify a promoter/demoter. Whether he stayed  silent during the obvious or not is another matter.

------------

There are lot of events /facts  people who hung around for many year know, yet they might not directly reveal a name  for decency or forum peace .  But when it mattered to address the wrong/issue,  such people  commented on the relevant thread .

We should know sometimes ,  decent people just  want to address  to solve the wrong/issue ( without getting into personal level or insults or name calling !!!)  

ET also falls into this category.  So does YK.
Best not make a mistake to mix up decency with anything else.

-------------------

I also know Kithsiri has certain ideologies and principles , so he won't buy certain shares even if one say it is more valuable than gold and it will run to Rs 1000.

For example , until recently  he stayed off the finance sector too.
Many years ago , in a discussion  I talked about VFIN and TFIL  with him ( think VFIN was in 30s and TFIL was Rs 16 then.  Now they have gained 100-300%) As he was not ready to get into finance sector then, I never pushed it.  I had no reason to as per my goal.  

Though he says he buys on gut feeling, his gut feeling is actually logical.  The logic? Dividend paying companies. Summary he is smart enough to know the right from wrong. So should many people be here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

IMPORTANTLY

We are all in this soup called CSE.

I see lot of effort here has been made to take the thread off topic .
The same time/effort could have been used to add constructive discussions .

It high time people start sticking to the thread topic and post constructive material.

Also notice the market has gone up last few days. Now trying to consolidate.
Being positive or negative depends on ones personality.

May companies are starting to declare consistent dividends.
Once heavily discussed share on its potential but yet condemned by some ( RWSL) ,  I see  has reported over Rs 0.5 eps for this year.  They just declared a Rs 0.1 dividend too. No I don't hold RWSL as of today and no funds to buy as I have interest in others. Point is even penny shares are improving fundamentals while CSE went down.
We can see the positivity as it is  or add to the negativity depending on who we are.

I know is there is a silent many  who reads here ( post view count is over 1500 so far) and has thinking power to know right from wrong. This post is mainly targeted to them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by slstock on Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:15 pm; edited 7 times in total

Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:26 pm
I share the same experience in the previous forum. May be the same person contacted you & me. I too did not get involved. The request was to support manipulative attempts. I never resort to such things.
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm
I suspect that the very same person (having another account in the forum) is representing the infamous gang.
Ethical Trader wrote:I share the same experience in the previous forum. May be the same person contacted you & me. I too did not get involved. The request was to support manipulative attempts. I never resort to such things.  
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:53 pm
I entered RWSL @ Rs 1.90 after seeing SLS's post on the share. A group started to slam SLS over his comments on RWSL over petty issues such as land valuation in the Eastern Province. But I kept on adding more shares & now in profit even during the recent slump. They paid dividends too. Thank you for the good advice SLS.
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:05 pm
YK, what you meant by "combine" is to see some relationship between the two variables even if they are presented separately? And not to create one chart with the two variables.

If the issue is with the latter Exel software would help. As I am no expert in that, unable to help.

[quote="yellow

.... earlier I used to combine two topics in Trading Economics and show the relationship between two varaibles.

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Historical[/quote]
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:22 pm
Thanks SLS

Now Ying-Yang this is what I was trying to add

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Stock-market

Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:27 pm
Stock Market Capitalization To GDP Ratio

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/m/marketcapgdp.asp

U.S. Economy vs. U.S. Stock Market - The Valuation Story

Should CSE be like this? Whose FAULT is it?  - Page 3 Spcompgdp
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:42 pm
Ying-Yang

yes... this is the expectation

Now justify that with 2011 and 2012 of Sri Lanka.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum