The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?

+15
malanp
serene
spw19721
PANTOMATH
Yin-Yang
Ethical Trader
Seyon
Defender
CK
ruwan326
nihal123
The Invisible
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
yellow knife
slstock
19 posters
Go down
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Will YOU  VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?  Empty Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:00 am
Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)
People knew me for 7-8 years now. Enough time to understand who I am.

Have I cheated or deceive anyone ? Have you ever heard a complaint?
Have  you seen that I tried to help many to best of my capacity?  
Have  you ever seen I tried to make money for myself at the expense of others using forums?  

Have I fought vehemently against corruption, injustice , promotions/demotions?
When MR was in power did I not talk about corruption, no place for  Law and Order,
and Freedom of expression etc?
When Ranil came to power and Bond Scam happened the very next day did I not write pages to say it was scam and stand up against it? Did I stand up againt the wrong doing of Yahapalanaya?

When Foreign powers  were condemning us wrongfully , was I standing up for Sri Lanka ?  

Have I tried to  put 1000s of hours to explain/educate and point out why Sri Lanka/CSE  it is as it is  and how to make it better?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw many  people say that they are tired of  same present politiocs and agree that there are no suitable candidates  for Presidency in 2020  from present political setup.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I promise to

a) stand  against corruption, instill law and order , and make educated and ethical people part of Parliament and head of state enterprises.
b) I will not tolerate a spitted Sri Lanka but only a united one with All races and religions living in harmony.
c)  I promise to preserve the Sinhala  Buddhist majority their heritage
d)  I also promise to  respect and recognize all other religions and races to have  freedom and recognition  they deserve on merit and as free and law abiding citizens of Sri Lanka.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HERE is the Billion Rs question.

If I volunteer to run for Presidency in 2020 will you vote for me and help me ( Daeth Shakthimath karanna) to put  Sri Lanka back in world map where it belongs?  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

But note :

I do  not have money to run political campaigns or brain wash people.
I will not go shopping for politicos, Rich people  or Unions.
I do not have money to  buy people or pay people to support me.
If you are doing wrong,  it will be next impossible to convince me you are good.
Do not seek  or expect favors from me just because you know me ( unless you are qualified and suitable)
I am simple man and not a big shot.
Know that you will also have  convince Millions of others who this nobody SLS  ( in SL politics is )   to vote for him

I know some of you"ll developed tiffs with me when I questioned you"ll over various things over the years. But if all I stated above as facts are the truth as you well know too in the name of democracy and doing the right thing will you vote for me?

Last edited by slstock on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:56 am; edited 4 times in total

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Will YOU  VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?  Empty Re: Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:03 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
I will... unconditionally... above is enough
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Will YOU  VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?  Empty Re: Will YOU VOTE for ME if I run for SL PRESIDENCY?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:07 am
Most certainly and no two questions about it. Very Happy
(By the way, I was personally invited by both NK & RP the likely 2020 presidential candidates and I refused NK request but not RP yet, even though I know that is another man of Mr 10%).

The Invisible

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:10 am
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
Yes SLS. I am there. But even if you are not there still I am going to do very drastic thing in 2020. Enough is enough. I am just unable to see how the crooks rob our country. My kids are growing now. If not for country men I must at least do the correct thing for my kids. I am just unable to see they also suffer from political thieves. Yes I have decided to do something drastic in 2020 and if you are joining then I will join with you too.
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:15 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Yes I will..... Very Happy

cheers cheers cheers
ruwan326
ruwan326

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:17 am
Every thing happens for a reason..........

By now many sri lankns understood all the political parties only care about power and they do not give a horse shit for people..........

2020 there might be a new face............. I hope Wink
The Invisible
The Invisible

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:20 am
Now Basil is giving 200mn each for UNP MPs to get their consent. How does he gets this money? Are they belongs to him? Why he still able to stand on his feet and travel freely? The guy should have been in jail by now, isn't it?

Who cares all about these. NO ONE!!!!!!!
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 am
Ivan Dissanayake is sleeping.
As I said in another thread, RW made a big mistake by not executing those guys on the charge of Treason after the 2015 election.
Now the whole country is in trouble with no good ending in sight.

The Invisible wrote:Now Basil is giving 200mn each for UNP MPs to get their consent. How does he get this money? Are they belong to him? Why he still able to stand on his feet and travel freely? The guy should have been in jail by now, isn't it?

Who cares all about these. NO ONE!!!!!!!

CK

Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:44 am
with your true identity.. yes
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 am
CK wrote:with your true identity.. yes

Yes ofcourse  I will  come out with my true identity if for such.

But people should not  expect me to be big shot  but just another ordinary man who is trying to make difference as a Citizen of SL.

But I can assure that atleast I have a University Degree ( as for education)

People will have to place faith in me for what I am as a Human and my principles and not any other materistic or  political party expectation

Defender

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:13 am
Yes ofcourse. The good service man!
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:19 am
I will speak for myself.
I have no deep pockets like the big guys but have an enormous network and I am active on most social media sites.
So, I can use those contacts and my expertise to rake in a few thousand if not millions other guys.
Good luck.

Seyon
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:41 am
Definitely vote for you with condition that you should be active in the forum even after presidency..... Laughing Laughing Laughing
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:47 am
Seyon wrote:Definitely vote for you with condition that you should be active in the forum even after presidency..... Laughing Laughing Laughing    

Nice condition Seyon

Razz
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:53 am
SLS

If you are serious , you have to create a team . One mistake of Naganada and Rohan P is that they have not created teams.

Then you must have a plan..an action plan.

Yes we vote for you.. but to win the majority you must have a plan.

One cannot blame SL voters. First they tried Foreign Degree holders believing they are intelligent enough to run a country. SWRD, NM JRJ and finally Chandrika was there.

Unhappy voter base turned to local degree holders leaving foreign. Ranil, Anura Kumara, Vijithat Herath, etc were elected.

Unhappy crowd now moving to find untested paths. Those who were never in politics. Businessmen, Professionals and cricketers are them .

SLS

Vacuum is there.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:08 pm
This was what I wrote to Mr Rohan Pallewatta before the invitation to join them came in.

Dear Mr Pallewatta,

• Surround yourself with people who have achieved something in their life than surrounding with people who have inherited something,

• Do not Surround yourself with those who had been "Clock Watchers", "Paper pushers" and "YES men",

(Sadly, most public servants fall into one or all three categories above),

• Surround yourself with real academics who have proven past track records than not mere title holders,

• I am yet to see that you are blaming any of the past regimes for all our misery and it is a superb quality, so please maintain the same approach,

Once you are elected,

• Give all those who had been accused of misappropriation of state funds a general amnesty,

(You need not follow Mahathir Mohamad or Mikheil Saakashvili’s styles),

(Start with a clean slate so waste of more public funds spent in the form of Investigations & Commissions can be saved),

• However, ensure Treason, Murder, drug-related crimes, rape/sodomy and stealing and or destroying state properties and funds are crimes punishable with a Life sentence without parole,

• Set up a Big Tax Office immediately (help is available with many well-known International World bodies and well-known donor entities to set this thing up from the scratch) and once the wheels started moving the results will be visible

• Make it mandatory for all above the age of 21 to submit their income tax filing,

• Recruit good Investigative team (kind of Eliot Ness calibre guys/gals) and create enough revenue within to meet our recurrent expenditure,

• Borrow externally only for much-needed Megaprojects needed to develop and take the country to the next level than for "Legacy creating White elephant" projects and schemes (scams),

• Create opportunities than trying to create more jobs,

• Create an atmosphere for educated Sri Lankans who are currently serving other nations to come back and participate in the Nation Building Effort, even on an Ad-hoc basis,

Finally;

Do not associate with people with "Tribal mentality" in politics as they would become dead weight later in your political life,

(Have seen many pledging their support simply because they and you have attended the same school.  And to me, this is no valid reason to pledge support),

Good Luck!

The Invisible

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:11 pm
yellow knife wrote:SLS

If you are serious , you have to create a team . One mistake of Naganada and Rohan P is that they have not created teams.

Then you must have a plan..an action plan.

Yes we vote for you.. but to win the majority you must have a plan.

One cannot blame SL voters. First they tried Foreign Degree holders believing they are intelligent enough to run a country. SWRD, NM JRJ and finally Chandrika was there.

Unhappy voter base turned to local degree holders leaving foreign. Ranil, Anura Kumara, Vijithat Herath, etc were elected.

Unhappy crowd now moving to find untested paths. Those who were never in politics. Businessmen, Professionals and cricketers are them .

SLS

Vacuum is there.

Yes Vacuum is there and it is creating bigger and bigger day by day. If you are getting the leadership I am happy to give my contribution voluntarily. I have ideas. I can create good plans. I have reasonable knowledge of what are the few but big areas of this little country to fix. Those don't need rocket science but little common sense. Though I am a small fellow in this country still I have a good brain to think smart.

I have no conditions for you other than make sure you deliver the plan and make this country a better place to live for my kids in the future.

That's all..
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:46 pm
Seyon wrote:Definitely vote for you with condition that you should be active in the forum even after presidency..... Laughing Laughing Laughing    

Very Happy Laughing

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:09 pm
Very interesting  comments.

But a few follow ups points  specially on Taxing people ...

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

• Give all those who had been accused of misappropriation of state funds a general amnesty,

(You need not follow Mahathir Mohamad or Mikheil Saakashvili’s styles),

(Start with a clean slate so waste of more public funds spent in the form of Investigations & Commissions can be saved),

• However, ensure Treason, Murder, drug-related crimes, rape/sodomy and stealing and or destroying state properties and funds are crimes punishable with a Life sentence without parole,

But such Life sentences will  waste  Public money.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

• Make it mandatory for all above the age of 21 to submit their income tax filing,

This has a loop hole.
No Country ( that I heard of) requires mandatory filing of Taxes as long as income is below certain threshold. ( There is standard tax free thresholds)

In Sri Lanka , easily some  person can  just earn Bank interest + Dividends as only sources of Income. These will be already Taxed  at source ( as final).

Many senior citizens can also  fall into this category. So there is an issue  to "harass" such people to file compulsory taxes.  

Also the usually majority of Tax income comes from a Rich  minority in any country.

It is wiser to first allocate resources ( will always be limited )to find high net worth people who evade taxes.

Which one to is wiser to pick at first ?

Go though millions of ordinary citizens taxes files which maybe only bring Rs 5 billion in total taxes  

vs

Finding the  1000s of rich who avoid taxes which will bring 25 billion taxes ?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Btw I saw Tax commissioner stating they intend to tax
a) car owners
b) people who go on foreign visits

What bull shit idea is this. Seriously.

If a person has already paid taxes via Salary or Bank interest or Dividends, what a crazy moves it is to   harass someone who goes to singapore with the money he saved ( and paid taxes already) .

So does someone who saves 2 laks to go on a Pilgrimage to India and Nepal need to be taxed?

Such short sighted ideas are what upsets many people and brings down the quality of life in a country.

In some countries having Car, microwave or AC is necessity.  That quality of life.

Here in SL some are envious if someone can legally save up to buy a Microwave or go to Dubai on a holiday.

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:41 pm
Unless an individual commits him or herself only the authorities come to know whether the person is due for exemption or not.
If the land registry, RMV and insurance etc are interlinked in some way, the scammers can easily be found.
That is where the Investigation team comes in with fine teeth combs.
Submission of it online will make it easier for any and with advanced IT technology, scanning submissions will not be that difficult and efficient too.

Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:00 pm
SLS. To be a successful politician in Sri Lanka, one need the following qualifications;

1) Ability to say lies.
2) A self made proven thug.
3) Take few lives for nothing.
4) Close connection with drug dealers but keep close connections with religious dignitaries.
5) Say one thing & do something else but still able to justify his doings.

You don't have any of these qualifications. Hence, you are not my choice SLS.
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:08 pm
This is a good start; even if it sounds like a remote fantasy.

The country has been driven in very wrong directions.
We blame politicians for that and politicians blame other politicians...

In order to change that, somebody should start something with an honest heart.

This forum is a good place start some movement; it may be very minute at the beginning; but remember, massive trees are started with tiny seeds; Gigantic avalanches can start with a pebble.

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:15 pm
Yin-Yang wrote:This is a good start; even if it sounds like a remote fantasy.

The country has been driven in very wrong directions.
We blame politicians for that and politicians blame other politicians...

In order to change that, somebody should start something with an honest heart.

This forum is a good place start some movement; it may be very minute at the beginning; but remember, massive trees are started with tiny seeds; Gigantic avalanches can start with a pebble.

exactly
nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:33 pm
Ethical Trader wrote:SLS. To be a successful politician in Sri Lanka, one need the following qualifications;

1) Ability to say lies.
4) Close connection with drug dealers but keep close connections with religious dignitaries.

ET මහත්තයා
තිත්ත ඇත්ත
අමු අමුවෙම කියලා දාල, slstock ට

bounce
The Invisible
The Invisible

Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:34 pm
Ethical Trader wrote:SLS. To be a successful politician in Sri Lanka, one need the following qualifications;

1) Ability to say lies.

You are spot-on on today's politician in SL but certainly not for the one that we need to see 20 years from now on behalf of our children. In order to create that politician in 20 years from now we need to have the kind of people entering from now onwards.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum