The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Tile - SnapshotWed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER

+14
The Invisible
Admin
Backstage
Ethical Trader
serene
yellow knife
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
slstock
nihal123
Good BOy
Senarath67
Topcat
Rana
HUNTER
18 posters
Go down
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER - Page 5 Empty Re: How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER

Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:36 am
smallville wrote:Wow... Another forum inside this forum.. What a pantastic idea mate.. tongue

So Hunter bro.. ur out of forum for a long time.. u did this and dat and finally remembered the forum - this is where the experiments go right? Thus wanted to create an elite group by restricting it and here yo go..

1. Moderators dont have access.. So apart from the privileged crowd others dont know what the hell is going on there...

2. The experiments run in this group may be discussed outside as well to create awareness/interest to certain shares which can lead to some level of manipulation.

3. Since we do not know whose in the group and whose not, reading comments from members also has become a tedious task as we will have to filter in the future...

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You want included in that 'restricted group'?

It was not my decision; buy I am OK with it.
Do you have any other suggestions?

---------
Anybody interested in trading can join the group; so all are 'elite' in that sense.
However, you need to meet one of the following conditions:

A. Have a track record in the forum to show that you're mature enough not to shot yourself in the market.
B. If you're new, read the suggested two books by Late Mr. Mark Douglas and request to join.

I guess the above is very reasonable.
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER - Page 5 Empty Re: How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER

Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:49 am
lanka wrote:Can't we download the 2nd book 'Trading in the Zone' ?

There were few site where you can download free.
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:07 am
HUNTER wrote:
You want included in that 'restricted group'?

It was not my decision; buy I am OK with it.
Do you have any other suggestions?

My question is not that mate.. Read again... Its abt the deviation from the forum ethics and transparencies we enjoyed so far..

Remember What happened to SLEF when we were there? Along came a clown called GMNET, deviated the forum from main discussions and started some BS and destroyed the forum. So imo.. any deviation may lead to crisis ultimately. If you're opening thread for privileged, this means there's a whole lot of unprivileged left behind.

I dunno whether the new Admin understands the gravity correctly.. But this aint good is my opinion.

Open that thread to all and everyone can see how good your calls are and decide what's to be done. If you've given the proper guidelines, anyone testing your methods/calls are wasting/gaining their money so ur not liable.

If the members in your group talk abt the shares being tested @ ur thread it will also create some level of interest in those shares cuz we only know few who are in that group now. But without knowing/monitoring if others also do the same its gonna be a manipulation.

Think this... In near future, someone with tech background may pose few charts for few months, make a name for himself and will start calling names to create another group which admin will have to comply.. Then this forum will be another disaster.

yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:37 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
@ Hunter

1. Yes , I will watch videos. I am a reader but these TECH things  I prefer videos.

2. Small has raised a valid issue.
Now I can clearly understand that the trading is not aiming at Pump and Dump with massive quantities. Therefore the forum will be safe

3. Now be serious with Small's question. Yes, in order to remove splits in the forum lets make it open to any one but the reading or watching video understanding the trade should be made compulsory.

@ Small, please involve in this thread as I am not a TA guy, having a person who directly question while having TA background will be good ...

@ Admin, I think its better to open as Small suggested without any restrictions and keep an eye ( a special eye ) on the thread.

@ Hunter, get these queries very constructively. When I questioned you did not get upset but cleared things. Do the same with Small, clarify and go ahead. Now I am eager to join the experimenting phase.
lanka

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:05 am
Thank you Small for your valid, constructive suggestion,
protecting unity of the Forum.
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:43 am
Regarding Small's concern:

In fact the thread was open to all until concerns were raise regarding the suitability of continuing the thread openly.

I will let the Admin and perhaps the moderators to make it open again or leave it restricted.

Both options have their own pros and cons.

I am OK with either way.

From practical point of me, actually it is less hassle for me to keep it open. Wink

---------
However, I do not think there is any room for division in the forum as anyone who is interested in Trading can join that thread on request.
Admin
Admin
https://investorsentiment.forumotion.net

Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:34 am
How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER - Page 5 Funny-10
Admin
Admin

Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:38 am
Clerly smallville has not read everything including where I explained this. That is why term called elite group has come.

If smallville reads my explanation before I will tell my next decision.

But one point I agree, whatever discussed on that thread must not spill over anywhere else.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:17 am
Hunter I appreciate your courage. Despite all the obstacles we put you move forward. You never counter attacked anyone including me. I wanted to clear out certain issues and you handled it very nicely. Now I am eagerly looking into ACTION...

Let all read the entire discussion and let the EXPERIMENT flow as expected by Hunter. I think forum is safe as this discussion alone shows the concerns and how they were handled.

Admin you duty is appreciated.
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:19 am
yellow knife wrote:Hunter I appreciate your courage. Despite all the obstacles we put you move forward. You never counter attacked anyone including me. I wanted to clear out certain issues and you handled it very nicely. Now I am eagerly looking into ACTION...

Let all read the entire discussion and let the EXPERIMENT flow as expected by Hunter. I think forum is safe as this discussion alone shows the concerns and how they were handled.

Admin you duty is appreciated.

Appreciate your encouragement YK.

--------

Let's stay focused on our goal, despite the world bursting around you.
The market will throw many things at us to make us greedy or feared.
We need to stay focused on our strategy regardless of market being bursting around.

Staying focused is like staying in the center of a whirl wind; center is calm while everything is circling around.
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:52 am
Admin wrote:Clerly smallville has not read everything including where I explained this. That is why term called elite group has come.

If smallville reads my explanation before I will tell my next decision.

But one point I agree, whatever discussed on that thread must not spill over anywhere else.

I red your explanations.. But I dont feel that a segregation of members is needed just to facilitate a trading experiment. Whoever whose willing can still do it on their own is my view..

This is not my mother's or father's forum.. Its yours.. I'm only expressing my view on a possible segregation cuz Im anyways against it.. I & SLS both were admins at SLEF and we're talking from experience.
How sure are you that members dont spill or hint openly on their trading decisions? u know.. Ppl are a curious breed..

And if Hunter is ok with open discussions, thats the best..

just my 50 cents.. its your decision anyways Smile
LSE
LSE
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:09 am
@Hunter

As smallville and many highlighted here the best option is to expose your experiment to the public for an open discussion.

Note:
We all are here to learn and share our knowledge while investing. I'm sure if this is work well this thread will be a one of the most valuable thread in this forum. So, for the safe guard of all let's continue this in a better way where we all can agree.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:21 am
I am already out.
But as I said, being too cautious will not get you anywhere. Shocked
Time to put the pedal on the gas Hunter.
Good luck.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Can I delist from this experiment now before it really starts?
@ Hunter & Admin - See if this is possible and do the needful,  please.
Thank you all.
lanka

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:50 am
HUNTER wrote:Regarding Small's concern:

---------
However, I do not think there is any room for division in the forum as anyone who is interested in Trading can join that thread on request.

"ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN TRADING CAN JOIN THE THREAD ON REQUEST "

So, why this struggle again and again  ?
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:33 am
lanka wrote:

---------

Forum is for everyone.. Why someone shud be a part of a group? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Topcat
Topcat

Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:41 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
lanka wrote:

---------

Not anyone. He should be an experience guy in this forum. Even for an experience guy in market can't join it if he is new to the forum Very Happy
lanka

Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:19 pm
Topcat wrote:
lanka wrote:

---------

Not anyone. He should be an experience guy in this forum. Even for an experience guy in market can't join it if he is new to the forum Very Happy

If so, why not clearly mentioned the requirements/ qualifications to be fulfilled for entering this thread ?
Admin
Admin

Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:45 pm
Thank you smallville and others.

If i repeat, why it was made a closed thread was because it was termed 'experiment' and not everyone will understand risks associated with it though it is accepted at time of signing this is bit more than that.

I have some options
1 - HUNTER to do the experiment him/herself post proof/validate and ask comments and discuss for future trade or to refine
2 - Closed thread to do the experiment while discussing with members where anyone who is interested in the subject can ask to join. but for same reason as above, not everyone can be accepted. Only users who have long history and activity will be accepted (can be exception) so no new accounts. Admin will make final decision.
3 - Open thread where no one can ask anyone to make a specific trade. Can discuss only ideas.

I am trying to listen to everyone. Maybe that is the problem.

nihal123
nihal123
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:51 pm
Admin wrote:
How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER - Page 5 Funny-10

Nice one Admin

Very Happy
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:47 am
If you go through Hunters past posts he has been experimenting . First I saw came with a nice excel sheet showing the performances of each Share. Next a Formula.. a mathematical based calculation.

Now he comes with an Experiment. It may lead a Mass-Suicide if the thread will be opened. What if a vaccine is injected all before even testing.

Those who are getting into the experiment are Guinea Pigs meant for laboratory tests.

Rest of the readers please forget the ongoing experiment and at least some should live outside to say the Guinea Pigs died due to a bad formula. Rest of the readers there are enough valuable things to read in the forum.

I know one thing, when Sun is fully exposed no body want to even look at. But the moment is its half hidden, everyone is trying their best to have a look.

How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER - Page 5 51f2pMJ4GlL._SX350_BO1,204,203,200_

How to get Access to: 104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTER - Page 5 WO2vT+WPDvMeQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:28 pm
U guys go ahead and do whatever the right things as declared correct by you all.
As admin said, listening to everybody is also a problem.

Cheers!!!
Admin
Admin

Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:28 pm
smallville wrote:U guys go ahead and do whatever the right things as declared correct by you all.
As admin said, listening to everybody is also a problem.

Cheers!!!

No one said anyone is correct. That is why discussion is happening and trying to find best balance.
HUNTER
HUNTER
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:28 pm
@Small, do you like to join that experiment thread?
I suggest you do.

We'll continue the experiment from next week.
If you're new to trading, read those two books and join the 104.. thread.

I will let admin to decide on how long to keep it closed.
After the experiment is completed, I am sure it will be made public, open for all
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:20 pm
HUNTER wrote:@Small, do you like to join that experiment thread?
I suggest you do.

We'll continue the experiment from next week.
If you're new to trading, read those two books and join the 104.. thread.

I will let admin to decide on how long to keep it closed.
After the experiment is completed, I am sure it will be made public, open for all

No mate I'm good. I know ur senses are polished.. So good luck..
I usually dont like to be a part of a priviledge group. That's against the principles we fought for as ADMINs since SLEF days. May be SLS would say the same Smile If the thread is open to all nobody would feel bad hence I would also encourage such.

I wish the crowd that joins you wud not manipulate by creating interest in talking abt the trading shares in this forum or any other forum. Sadly we cannot identify even if it happens.
Admin
Admin

Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:20 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Current members in the experiment other than HUNTER and number of forum posts

Backstage 3581
Ethical Trader 5560
lanka 579
LSE 1151
nihal123 5924
pathfinder 1415
Rana 1686
Senarath67 79
serene 4745