The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Tile - SnapshotWed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Go down
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Am Sure He was Joking !  Empty Am Sure He was Joking !

Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 am
Message reputation : 50% (2 votes)
I gave up watching Television News for a long time for a few reasons.

The first one is that all channels are very badly politicized and they would never portray any accurate picture.

The second reason that most of them are being funded and run by ill-gotten money.

However, yesterday I was forced to watch one such channel and at that time they were telecasting the Sri Lanka Police spokespersons statement about lifting the curfew in most part of the island.

Unfortunately for us, we are still not out of the woods and that he was advising us not to use our private vehicles, instead to walk to go and get essentials from the closest possible outlet and the last number of the NIC rule still applies too.

Thanks to this unwise and prolonged lockdown and curfew; we survived simply by dipping into our “In Case of an Emergency” money jar hidden in some secured place in the kitchen.

Now do not waste your time by trying to figure out the location of the hidden money jar.

The jar is depleting fast and replenishment is badly needed soon to avoid it having the same fate as the famous Titanic.

And I do not expect an unknown person to come and leave a sack full of crispy 5000 notes on my doorsteps either.

From my home to the nearest bank branch is more than 3 miles away.

I am a senior citizen now and someone who has contributed to the country’s economy immensely while working by earning in foreign currency, something we were badly in need of during the protracted civil war.

If we were living in any developed country in the world, we would have been treated with much more respect and dignity for our contributions.

But sadly it is not so in this country.

Three miles one way to the bank and back by foot is not a joke and I am sure the spokesperson was not really meant it.

Now I am left with two choices.

Either walk to the bank or ride to the prison.

And if you do not see me posting here from tomorrow, you can expect the worst-case scenario.
ruwan326
ruwan326

Am Sure He was Joking !  Empty Re: Am Sure He was Joking !

Mon May 11, 2020 11:14 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:I gave up watching Television News for a long time for a few reasons.

The first one is that all channels are very badly politicized and they would never portray any accurate picture.

The second reason that most of them are being funded and run by ill-gotten money.

However, yesterday I was forced to watch one such channel and at that time they were telecasting the Sri Lanka Police spokespersons statement about lifting the curfew in most part of the island.

Unfortunately for us, we are still not out of the woods and that he was advising us not to use our private vehicles, instead to walk to go and get essentials from the closest possible outlet and the last number of the NIC rule still applies too.

Thanks to this unwise and prolonged lockdown and curfew; we survived simply by dipping into our “In Case of an Emergency” money jar hidden in some secured place in the kitchen.

Now do not waste your time by trying to figure out the location of the hidden money jar.

The jar is depleting fast and replenishment is badly needed soon to avoid it having the same fate as the famous Titanic.

And I do not expect an unknown person to come and leave a sack full of crispy 5000 notes on my doorsteps either.

From my home to the nearest bank branch is more than 3 miles away.

I am a senior citizen now and someone who has contributed to the country’s economy immensely while working by earning in foreign currency, something we were badly in need of during the protracted civil war.

If we were living in any developed country in the world, we would have been treated with much more respect and dignity for our contributions.

But sadly it is not so in this country.

Three miles one way to the bank and back by foot is not a joke and I am sure the spokesperson was not really meant it.

Now I am left with two choices.

Either walk to the bank or ride to the prison.

And if you do not see me posting here from tomorrow, you can expect the worst-case scenario.

Feel pity on you and all the sri lankan apart from politicians and their salves.
Until people act and understood the meaning of citizens this country will go towards center of the earth Rolling Eyes

Lets not even bother to talk about CSE
Hope you are ok and all the members doing ok, CASH is the key in hand and portfolio always.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 11, 2020 11:32 am
Kith, there are only two ways you can beat the system. One is to go to prison and the other is to become a priest. Ven. Rajgama Kithsiri .
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Mon May 11, 2020 12:10 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Kithsiri,

I do empathize with your situation.
I have been questioning over posts whether Sri Lanak is handling
this situation well ( apart from good tracing. containment and medical practices)

But before I can comment further, can I ask you couple of questions first ?

1) So you own a vehicle right? But you are not driving it as some guy
appeared on TV to say not to drive it ( or suggested not  drive it ) ?
Is this a Law now you can't drive private vehicles ?

I saw a news item saying   most of the vehicles in Colombo  today are private ones and traffic is leading to congestion. The Beliaththa train  has  1 passenger in the morning it reported ( if all this is true)

2) Do you only deal in Cash.  No Credit card ?
If not time to get a credit card . Atleast it will be useful for online delivery services.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon May 11, 2020 12:19 pm
My responses are below in Brown.  Very Happy
slstock wrote:Kithsiri,

I do empathize with your situation. but before I comment anything, Can I ask you couple of questions first ?

1) So you own a vehicle right? But you are not driving it as some guy appeared on TV to say not to drive it
( or suggested not  drive it ) ?

Yes, I own a vehicle and that was what the SL Police Spokesperson advised the public.

Is this a law now you can't drive private vehicles ?
I saw a news item saying   most of the vehicles in colombo  today are private ones leading to congestion. The Beliaththa train  has  1 passenger in the morning it reported ( if all this is true)

I do not think that this is the law but they have hijacked it and no one to contest them in court even.

2) Do you only deal in Cash. Time to get credit card .

I deal with both cash as well as a card but unfortunately, those small-time guys going from house to house do not accept cards.
Even some big institutes like SLT have problems. I was trying to pay my bill online but citing some third-party issues, the transaction was declined.

Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Tue May 12, 2020 11:45 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Big Bro!
Worry not.
Wear a mask and drive to the ATM.
If any cop stops tell them you've ran out of cash, they will allow you to proceed.

OR else, tell your Grama sewaka that you have lost your income, they will bring you a 5,000 note.

+++++++++++++

But I think you're just panicked of market situation and just releasing the pressure it seems.

Worry not either if you have that deposit of dollars. That will be you light if all other lights have gone out.
Yin-Yang
Yin-Yang

Tue May 12, 2020 11:51 am
Actually what the top cops are doing right.

Imagine if they knew about the market.
And, start jailing all those panic ones selling low.
The market will still be up; Neh? !!!!!!
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 12, 2020 1:15 pm
Message reputation : 33% (3 votes)
I am not worried and well secured financially.
And these nincompoops can't ruffle my feathers too but I want to express how things should be dealt only.
Crisis management is not something done on the trial & error basis.
All I can say is that we are totally ill-prepared.
The military is capable of doing a few things right but seeking their advises on everything has brought us to this debacle.
And to add more, instead of preaching Bana on Wesak day, those big Yellow Birds have put their fingers too in the pie. Shocked

Yin-Yang wrote:Big Bro!
Worry not.
If any cop stops tell them you've ran out of cash, they will allow you to proceed.

OR else, tell your Grama sewaka that you have lost your income, they will bring you a 5,000 note.

+++++++++++++

But I think you're just panicked of market situation and just releasing the pressure it seems.

Worry not either if you have that deposit of dollars. That will be you light if all other lights have gone out.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 12, 2020 4:32 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:I am not worried and well secured financially.
And these nincompoops can't ruffle my feathers too but I want to express how things should be dealt only.
The military is capable of doing a few things right but seeking their advises on everything has brought us to this debacle.
And to add more, instead of preaching Bana on Wesak day, those big Yellow Birds have put their fingers too in the pie. Shocked

Worry not.

+++++++++++++

lol! Your quite right.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 12, 2020 5:03 pm
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Some Bootlickers got annoyed but I am not having erythrophobia.  Very Happy
Backstage wrote:

Worry not.

+++++++++++++

lol!  Your quite right.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 12, 2020 6:32 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Some Bootlickers got annoyed but I am not having erythrophobia.  Very Happy
Backstage wrote:

Worry not.

+++++++++++++

lol!  Your quite right.

Got to check the dictionary on that one. Can it be cured with erythromycin ?
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Wed May 13, 2020 9:14 am
Backstage wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Nope you can't.

You need
1) Erythromycin + Hydroxychloroquine + Paquenil

2) Need to boil all together "Patha ata  ekata sinduwaa"  

3) Then most importantly drink it with "DOT samaga"
( anyone remember Dot toffee ?)
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat May 16, 2020 3:14 pm
slstock wrote:
Backstage wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Nope you can't.

You need

SLS you could get arrested these days for this type of medical advice.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sat May 16, 2020 3:31 pm
Backstage wrote:
slstock wrote:
Backstage wrote:
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:

Nope you can't.

You need

SLS you could get arrested these days for this type of medical advice.

No worries. I am quite safe.

1) 2 big shots already recommended HCQ  ( branded name Plaquenil)
 + Erythromycin  for COVID19.  It had no or very limited effect , yet recommenders are not in trouble.   One dumb ass in USA got poisoned taking the wrong HCQ kind!

2) Anyway, where are you going to find "Dot Toffee" nowadays  to complete my medical recipe Wink
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum