The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Tile - SnapshotWed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport

+14
The Alchemist
Backstage
sashimaal
CK
Naked Trader
Deegoda Gamage
Rana
Ukboy
Hybrid
nis2008
jiggysaurus
StopLoss
yaka
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
18 posters
Go down
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Re: Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport

Mon May 14, 2018 5:49 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Thanks.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Re: Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport

Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:44 am
1 - A Japanese pilot who was arrested at Heathrow Airport for being drunk ,

2 - Baggage handler fell asleep in cargo hold ,

3 - Air France flight #AF258 had to return to Paris.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:37 am
A Gun Slips Passed the Thinned-Out TSA (and Onto a Plane) Shocked
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:47 pm
Here is the findings of the instigation conducted by the Civil Aviation Authority on this complaint. It took nearly one year for them to reply.

"Dear Mr..........,

I refer your complaint to the Civil Aviation Authority.

The Authority reviewed all documents pertaining to your complaint. Sri Lankan Airlines and Bank of Ceylon travels have also submitted documents on this matter.

Please be informed that the gate changes at the Airport were beyond the control of the airline and were due to operational requirements of the Airport.

Due to the aforesaid, We regret to inform you that this Authority is unable to proceed any further with this complaint"

The question now arises is whether the air traffic controllers can have their own way and who is responsible for supervising them?

?Any one who knows may clarify.

Ethical Trader wrote:Given below is a complaint made by me to the Aviation authority SL recently;-

"Mr. H. M. C. Nimalasiri,
Director General,
Airport & Aviation Authority,
Sri Lanka.
23rd March, 2018

Dear Sir

Shoddy Ground Handling by Sri Lankan Air- UL 149 on 12th March 2018 & UL 150 19th March 2018 and Inconvenience Caused to Pilgrims

Recently, I had a very nasty experience with our national carrier Sri Lankan Air but still do not know what really led the national carrier to such low level. I am making this complaint to you, to investigate this unfortunate incident and take appropriate action within your authority.

On 12th March 2018, 39 passengers in our group including me were at the airport to get the Varanasi flight-UL 149. This trip was organized by BOC Travels.

First, we were told the flight is late by one hour, the usual security clearance (scanning hand luggage, phone, belt, shoes) completed and we were waiting at Gate No: 1 to board the flight.

Then, suddenly we were told that we should to go to Gate No: 10 upstairs situated at quiet a distance. The security guys there started the usual security procedure again- scanning hand luggage, phone, belt and shoes and we did not make any fuss because we were Buddhist pilgrims and then we were waiting there to get the flight.

To our amazement, we were asked to go to Gate No: 1 downstairs again. We obliged but requested not subject us to any security check as it was done twice but the security guys told us that they have no power to waive it off. After the hectic procedure was completed we were waiting to board the flight there.

Then they announced that we should go to Gate No:10 again, to board the flight. Thereafter, the same hectic procedure was followed without any apology.    

More than half the group was over 60 years of age; there were about four persons who used wheel chairs. They were panting after the long walks up & down, standing in long queues, lifting bags and the hectic security procedures. Rest of the crowd too was dead tired and angry. I asked an Air Lanka officer what led to this pathetic situation but he vanished without any convincing answer.

After the same hectic procedure was completed, we were able to board the flight very late, tired and angry.

On 19th instant too, on our way back, we were led to Gate No: 1 at Varanasi Airport after the security clearance. Their security procedure was not that strict.  When we were waiting to board the flight at Gate No:1, we were told to proceed to Gate No: 3 upstairs. The distance was a fairly long & hectic one for the elderly people who were already tired after the eight day pilgrimage. We were lucky that we were not subjected to the same security procedure there too, like in Sri Lanka. That day too we boarded the flight late.    

Sri Lankan Air, tested our patience very badly and destroyed our very motive of the pilgrimage as if we were beggars traveling free of charge. They completely forgot that we paid for the ticket with our life long savings. No plausible reason was given for the mishap.      

On our way back, our group leader was told by an anonymous officer on board, that usually such things happen when a Minister travels in the same flight. If this information is true, Air Lanka Chairman should resign for the very reason of mismanaging the air line under political influence. But the thing I still do not understand is the reason for sending us from pillar to post three times! One time would have been more than enough if that was the real reason to deviate.

Authorities including the regulator should investigate this cancerous development as this could be a regular occurrence.  The officers who succumbed to political influence and the Politician who involved in it should be exposed and action should be taken by appropriate authorities without delay. If not, the authorities too will fall into the same shoddy category as the corrupt Sri Lankan Air guys.  

The damage done to the National Carrier and the country at large by this unfortunate incidence internationally was aggravated by the very reason of the presence of two Americans in our group.  One was a reputed journalist at HBO. This is the first time in history that foreigners joined this pilgrimage to Varanasi. They were interested in Buddhism but Sri Lankan Air destroyed this budding development with their shoddy ground handling.

In addition, there were many retired very senior government servants, a professor, university lecturers, doctors and professionals in our group. Sri Lankan Air is lucky that no one used any influence over the incident then & there.  

I am copying this letter to the tour operator, BOC Travels, to provide necessary evidence & assistance in any inquiry to be held in this regard.

Thank You"

The officer in-charge of investigations wanted me to produce scanned copies of my Passport & Air ticket which I did promptly and awaiting their response.
malanp

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:42 pm

Srilankans belong to Sri Lankan people,,

I wonder how we can manage an airline when we can not manage CGR, CTB and private buses..

In my opinion, Srilankan airline should be given to another country to be managed..our airport too..

when donkeys can not maintain Pettah bus stand properly, how can we keep an airport???
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:31 am
Gate changes happen often due to unforeseen and unavoidable operational reasons. Sometimes, due to planning issues too.
How you deal with it will depend on the level of customer satisfaction.
Ethical Trader wrote:Here is the findings of the instigation conducted by the Civil Aviation Authority on this complaint. It took nearly one year for them to reply.

"Dear Mr..........,

The Authority reviewed all documents pertaining to your complaint. Sri Lankan Airlines and Bank of Ceylon travels have also submitted documents on this matter.

Please be informed that the gate changes at the Airport were beyond the control of the airline and were due to operational requirements of the Airport.

Due to the aforesaid, We regret to  inform you that this Authority is  unable to proceed any further with this complaint"

The question now arises is whether the air traffic controllers can have their own way and who is responsible for supervising them?

Ethical Trader wrote:Given below is a complaint made by me to the Aviation authority SL recently;-

Director General,
Sri Lanka.
23rd March, 2018

Dear Sir

Shoddy Ground Handling by Sri Lankan Air- UL 149 on 12th March 2018 & UL 150 19th March 2018 and Inconvenience Caused to Pilgrims

Recently, I had a very nasty experience with our national carrier Sri Lankan Air but still do not know what really led the national carrier to such low level. I am making this complaint to you, to investigate this unfortunate incident and take appropriate action within your authority.

On 12th March 2018, 39 passengers in our group including me were at the airport to get the Varanasi flight-UL 149. This trip was organized by BOC Travels.

First, we were told the flight is late by one hour, the usual security clearance (scanning hand luggage, phone, belt, shoes) completed and we were waiting at Gate No: 1 to board the flight.

Then, suddenly we were told that we should to go to Gate No: 10 upstairs situated at quiet a distance. The security guys there started the usual security procedure again- scanning hand luggage, phone, belt and shoes and we did not make any fuss because we were Buddhist pilgrims and then we were waiting there to get the flight.

To our amazement, we were asked to go to Gate No: 1 downstairs again. We obliged but requested not subject us to any security check as it was done twice but the security guys told us that they have no power to waive it off. After the hectic procedure was completed we were waiting to board the flight there.

Then they announced that we should go to Gate No:10 again, to board the flight. Thereafter, the same hectic procedure was followed without any apology.    

More than half the group was over 60 years of age; there were about four persons who used wheel chairs. They were panting after the long walks up & down, standing in long queues, lifting bags and the hectic security procedures. Rest of the crowd too was dead tired and angry. I asked an Air Lanka officer what led to this pathetic situation but he vanished without any convincing answer.

After the same hectic procedure was completed, we were able to board the flight very late, tired and angry.

On 19th instant too, on our way back, we were led to Gate No: 1 at Varanasi Airport after the security clearance. Their security procedure was not that strict.  When we were waiting to board the flight at Gate No:1, we were told to proceed to Gate No: 3 upstairs. The distance was a fairly long & hectic one for the elderly people who were already tired after the eight day pilgrimage. We were lucky that we were not subjected to the same security procedure there too, like in Sri Lanka. That day too we boarded the flight late.    

Sri Lankan Air, tested our patience very badly and destroyed our very motive of the pilgrimage as if we were beggars traveling free of charge. They completely forgot that we paid for the ticket with our life long savings. No plausible reason was given for the mishap.      

On our way back, our group leader was told by an anonymous officer on board, that usually such things happen when a Minister travels in the same flight. If this information is true, Air Lanka Chairman should resign for the very reason of mismanaging the air line under political influence. But the thing I still do not understand is the reason for sending us from pillar to post three times! One time would have been more than enough if that was the real reason to deviate.

Authorities including the regulator should investigate this cancerous development as this could be a regular occurrence.  The officers who succumbed to political influence and the Politician who involved in it should be exposed and action should be taken by appropriate authorities without delay. If not, the authorities too will fall into the same shoddy category as the corrupt Sri Lankan Air guys.  

The damage done to the National Carrier and the country at large by this unfortunate incidence internationally was aggravated by the very reason of the presence of two Americans in our group.  One was a reputed journalist at HBO. This is the first time in history that foreigners joined this pilgrimage to Varanasi. They were interested in Buddhism but Sri Lankan Air destroyed this budding development with their shoddy ground handling.

In addition, there were many retired very senior government servants, a professor, university lecturers, doctors and professionals in our group. Sri Lankan Air is lucky that no one used any influence over the incident then & there.  

I am copying this letter to the tour operator, BOC Travels, to provide necessary evidence & assistance in any inquiry to be held in this regard.

Thank You"

The officer in-charge of investigations wanted me to produce scanned copies of my Passport & Air ticket which I did promptly and awaiting their response.
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:17 pm
?But can such thing happen three times within an hour for the same flight. I think its due to incompetence of air traffic controllers.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Gate changes happen often due to unforeseen and unavoidable operational reasons. Sometimes, due to planning issues too.
Ethical Trader wrote:Here is the findings of the instigation conducted by the Civil Aviation Authority on this complaint. It took nearly one year for them to reply.

"Dear Mr..........,

Due to the aforesaid, We regret to  inform you that this Authority is  unable to proceed any further with this complaint"

Director General,
Sri Lanka.
23rd March, 2018

Dear Sir

Thank You"

Rana
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:37 pm
I had same experience in the Amman Airport.
Ethical Trader wrote:?But can such thing happen three times within an hour for the same flight. I think its due to incompetence of air traffic controllers.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා wrote:Gate changes happen often due to unforeseen and unavoidable operational reasons. Sometimes, due to planning issues too.

"Dear Mr..........,

Director General,
Sri Lanka.
23rd March, 2018

Dear Sir

Thank You"

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:12 am
Rare but possible.
Usually, Gates are alocated by the Airport operator with the consultation of the Handling Agency and not ATC.
In a situation like that in future, you can request special handling from the Floor Walkers and I am sure they would gladly provide more Electric Buggies and attention to avoid further inconvinience and delay.
(Do not worry, no aircraft will leave without you and your bags already onboard it).
Ethical Trader wrote:?But can such thing happen three times within an hour for the same flight. I think its due to incompetence of air traffic controllers.

"Dear Mr..........,

Director General,
Sri Lanka.
23rd March, 2018

Dear Sir

Thank You"

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue May 21, 2019 7:07 am
One dead in Hong Kong helicopter crash
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:37 am
Dream of supersonic travel
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:53 pm
Boeing 737 MAX Needs New Computer Systems to Meet Airworthiness Requirements
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:47 am
Air India Crash Investigators Focus On a Dangerous Runway and a Pilot’s Actions Shocked
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:03 am
Should Airline Employees Get Priority On The COVID-19 Vaccine as “Essential Workers?”
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:18 pm
Duck Tape ?
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:55 am
Man hides in landing gear of American Airlines flight from Guatemala to Miami
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Airlines Call For Immediate Intervention Ahead Of 5G Rollout

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:02 pm
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Cellular Providers Delay 5G Activation

Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:57 am
Cellular Providers Delay 5G Activation
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Boeing invests $450 million in electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) company

Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:22 am
Boeing invests $450 million in electric vertical take-off and landing (eVTOL) company
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Back to Roots !

Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:34 am
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty British Airway customers told to abandon bags at Heathrow to avoid huge delays

Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:00 pm
British Airway customers told to abandon bags
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Crash for Views ?

Fri Apr 22, 2022 5:47 am
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:16 am

ruwan326 likes this post

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:45 pm
Egypt Air Crash
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Empty Give Us Our Money Back !

Mon May 09, 2022 7:59 pm
Flying, the Safest Mode of Transport - Page 10 Untitl18
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum