The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans
Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Thread for News on CSE and SL Economy
Today at 8:54 am by ruwan326

» இனிய பொங்கல்
Yesterday at 9:15 pm by nihal123

» REXP.N0000 ( RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC)
Yesterday at 8:29 pm by PANTOMATH

» DIPD.N0000 (Dipped Products)
Yesterday at 8:18 pm by PANTOMATH

» AMF.N0000
Yesterday at 1:01 pm by serene

» HUNA.N0000
Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:29 pm by Ethical Trader

» අනං මනං! #/+?.<>
Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:32 pm by ruwan326

» Blessing in Disguise!! It's high time Brothers!!
Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:35 am by serene

» Thread for News on Local and Foreign Politics
Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:26 am by ruwan326

» LLUB.N0000 (CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC)
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:45 pm by PANTOMATH

» කෝටි 4620 ක බැඳුම්කර නීතියට පිටින් ශ‍්‍රී ලංකන්ට දීලා
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:18 pm by Ethical Trader

» JINS.N0000 ( Janashakthi Insurance PLC)
Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:12 pm by smallville

» Dividend Announcement
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:28 am by serene

» Thread for News on International Markets
Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:40 am by The Invisible

» LDEV - Lankem Developments
Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:14 pm by ruwan326

» අවුරුද්ද අප කයි - අපි අවුරද්ද කමු (ජනවාරි පළමුවැනිදා)
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:23 pm by malanp

» සැන්ඩි එපා!
Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:01 pm by serene

» අසිරිමත් සුබ නව වසරකට ආසිරි !
Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:08 pm by PANTOMATH

» SHL.N0000 (Softlogic Holdings PLC)
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 pm by EBHRAHIMCANADA

»  වසරක කාලය තුළ ඉන්දියාවේ ඉහළම ආදායම් ලාභීන්
Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:47 am by nihal123

» අයදුමේ දී ඡායාරූප ‘ඇලවීම‘ අවශ්‍ය නැති ජාතික හැඳුනුම්පත ජනවාරි 01 සිට දිවයිනටම
Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:37 pm by lanka

» මැදපෙරදිගට පමණක්‘ පාස්පෝට් මින් ඉදිරියට නැහැ
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:18 pm by Ethical Trader

» BFN - Orient Finance
Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:53 pm by serene

» Wishing Everyone a Happy Christmas !
Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:27 am by spw19721

» Happy Birthday
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:13 am by sashimaal

» Trading Journal
Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:11 am by PANTOMATH

» COMB.N0000 ( COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC )
Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:41 am by The Invisible

» In the Meantime, Within Our Shores !
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:44 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» AAIC.N0000
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:44 am by serene

» Buy International English Language Testing System (IELTS) in jordan((WhatsApp:+237675967490))
Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:55 am by nihal123

» AINS - Arpico Insurance
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:43 am by The Invisible

» CFVF - First Capital
Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:18 am by Ethical Trader

» Obituary Notice.
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:18 am by sashimaal

» බඩගිනී
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am by Ethical Trader

»  Rajgama heroes !
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:43 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» BOPL.N0000 (Bogawantalawa Tea Estates PLC)
Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:35 am by The Invisible

» Sri Lanka economic slowdown trims company profits, bank earnings grow
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:04 pm by nihal123

» Better Than Bitcoin
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:42 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» Hutchison, Etisalat complete mobile networks merger in Sri Lanka
Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:30 am by The Invisible

» Oil prices surge more than 5-pct
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:53 pm by Ethical Trader

» CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)
Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:03 am by The Invisible

» HAYC - Haycarb
Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:04 pm by xmart

» LGL Laugfs Gas
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:43 am by The Invisible

» Oil prices gain as investors eye Fed relief on interest rates
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:41 am by The Invisible

» ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් 8 ක් කොටස් ගනුදෙනු තහනම් වීමේ අවදානමක
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:34 am by nihal123

» අපි තනිකර ලෝකය දිව යන්නේ
Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:32 am by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

» NDB.N0000 (NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC)
Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:32 am by The Invisible

» Orient Finance PLC--(Share_Valuation_Report)
Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:17 am by yellow knife

» කිඹුලා
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:20 am by Lalinda

» Sandos' Vs Creators'
Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:17 pm by කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා

January 2019
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Calendar Calendar

Disclaimer


Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Land and property - snapshot

Go down

Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The top four in the list stand out having identical P/B and P/CFO (own calculation)

For property sector, how much cash they make, specially from rental income matters a lot and not the fair value gains. Unless the highly valued property are not able to generate income, it should not trade higher (eg: CSD)

P/E and ROE will be distorted in this case due to fair value gains so it's better to look at cash flows.

Even after moving up rapidly, CTLD gives a good DY with increasing dividends.

avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:21 pm

CTLD has been gradually moving up (below everyone's radar?)
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by pathfinder on Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:59 pm

First Guy wrote:CTLD has been gradually moving up (below everyone's radar?)
You can't say so Wink
avatar
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:52 am

First Guy wrote:CTLD has been gradually moving up (below everyone's radar?)

Now 55/- + Wink
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by slstock on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:54 am

And I sold my 1000 share at Rs 37 ( but invested in somethign else which also rose)

_________________
Never listen to anyone including myself without your own study. Only few truly genuine people exist in this world.
Please read : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------
avatar
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Posts : 5408
Join date : 2014-06-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:56 am

slstock wrote:And I sold my 1000 share at Rs 37  ( but invested in somethign else which also rose)

Yes there were many which had good runs. CTLD held on during these rough times too. Now it's nearing NAV so have to be watchful
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by Antonym on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:04 pm

First Guy wrote:
slstock wrote:And I sold my 1000 share at Rs 37  ( but invested in somethign else which also rose)
Yes there were many which had good runs. CTLD held on during these rough times too. Now it's nearing NAV so have to be watchful
Less than four year ago, when CTLD was severely undervalued, I bought a few shares under Rs 29. Since then, it has given me a decent dividend yield (average 7%, increasing each year).
I generally invest for the long term, and plan to sell these CTLD shares only if their price exceeds their NAV, which must be about Rs 62 currently.
Seeing how most properties, including Majestic City, are valued based on the rental income that they generate, I believe that land and property shares should trade at or around their NAV. Any views on this?

Antonym

Posts : 45
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by pathfinder on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:59 pm

Antonym wrote:
Less than four year ago, when CTLD was severely undervalued, I bought a few shares under Rs 29. Since then, it has given me a decent dividend yield (average 7%, increasing each year).
I generally invest for the long term, and plan to sell these CTLD shares only if their price exceeds their NAV, which must be about Rs 62 currently.
Seeing how most properties, including Majestic City, are valued based on the rental income that they generate, I believe that land and property shares should trade at or around their NAV. Any views on this?

Nice to see you back Antonym Very Happy
avatar
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by Antonym on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:21 pm

pathfinder wrote:Nice to see you back Antonym Very Happy
Thanks, pathfinder. Very Happy
I am mostly a silent observer nowadays because I own shares of only 4 companies, am not really interested in increasing my equity exposure, and don't know much about other shares. Therefore, not much to contribute...

Undervalued shares (incl. land and property) are my favorites. I believe that it makes more sense to invest in land & property shares than in property iteslf - because when the price of L&P rises, the prices of L&P shares rise even more!

Antonym

Posts : 45
Join date : 2014-03-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:25 pm

Antonym wrote:
First Guy wrote:
slstock wrote:And I sold my 1000 share at Rs 37  ( but invested in somethign else which also rose)
Yes there were many which had good runs. CTLD held on during these rough times too. Now it's nearing NAV so have to be watchful
Less than four year ago, when CTLD was severely undervalued, I bought a few shares under Rs 29. Since then, it has given me a decent dividend yield (average 7%, increasing each year).
I generally invest for the long term, and plan to sell these CTLD shares only if their price exceeds their NAV, which must be about Rs 62 currently.
Seeing how most properties, including Majestic City, are valued based on the rental income that they generate, I believe that land and property shares should trade at or around their NAV. Any views on this?

I too bought my first CTLD around 29/- mark Very Happy

These don't have to be trading near NAV but depends on the earnings and dividends. CSD has NAV close to 30/- but is nowhere near that price. NAV and even EPS can be increased easily by revaluing. So cashflow and dividends are important when comparing.
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:27 pm

Antonym wrote:
pathfinder wrote:Nice to see you back Antonym Very Happy
Thanks, pathfinder. Very Happy
I am mostly a silent observer nowadays because I own shares of only 4 companies, am not really interested in increasing my equity exposure, and don't know much about other shares. Therefore, not much to contribute...

Undervalued shares (incl. land and property) are my favorites. I believe that it makes more sense to invest in land & property shares than in property iteslf - because when the price of L&P rises, the prices of L&P shares rise even more!

I have to disagree. From what I've seen, the land value doesn't matter much directly. It's how much rent the company charges for letting that space. Naturally rent will rise along with land value too but it depends on many other factors. Think of a basic house and a luxury house built at the same plot for example and how much rent they will fetch. Cost to build them, facilities etc., are different too.
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by HAL9000 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:29 pm

CTLD has already given good returns,  but OSEA is the future, which is completing the Havelock city project ! Does Antonym endorse this ? Here I considered political factor as well !
avatar
HAL9000
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1402
Join date : 2014-08-11
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by xmart on Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:27 am

HAL9000 wrote:CTLD has already given good returns,  but OSEA is the future, which is completing the Havelock city project ! Does Antonym endorse this ? Here I considered political factor as well !

Im betting on OSEA. I have been there. phase III is also underway. its true potential is yet to reveal. there is nothing like Havelock City and WTC and hardly never will be in heart of colombo.
avatar
xmart
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 664
Join date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:45 am

xmart wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:CTLD has already given good returns,  but OSEA is the future, which is completing the Havelock city project ! Does Antonym endorse this ? Here I considered political factor as well !

Im betting on OSEA. I have been there. phase III is also underway. its true potential is yet to reveal. there is nothing like Havelock City and WTC and hardly never will be in heart of colombo.

Out of all the property shares, I have looked at (a bit) at CTLD, OSEA and COMD. OSEA has an edge over the other two with apartment sales (when they happen). They will pay a special dividend from these profits. With so many developments coming around the fort area WTC could also have an edge but it will also face competition. Ratios are attractive compared to others. CTLD and COMD will give consistent dividends in the meantime. Others with renting business are YORK, ONAL and also CLND which was recently renovated.

KDL and MHDL build houses and sell. I am not updated with these but KDL will recognize revenue in coming quarters but NAV seems low even with that to me. Hariesha has talked about MHDL some time ago.
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by pathfinder on Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:47 pm

What will happen if much talked Megapolice project commence?
avatar
pathfinder
Top contributor
Top contributor

Posts : 1334
Join date : 2014-02-23
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:27 pm

pathfinder wrote:What will happen if much talked  Megapolice project commence?

Megapolis? Wink
This I think is a very long term plan. It's going to take a very long time. More than in Colombo, I think l;and value of suburbs and adjoining districts may appreciate.

But there are plenty of new developments happening in Colombo. New hotels + apartments (Shangri La, ITC, Hyatt, Destiny .... ) then we have the port city, Orion City expansion, Renuka Tower?

While these might increase land value, it's going to give competition to exiting buildings.

WTC (OSEA) is still much sought after + It has apartment business. Will new developments be more attractive and competitive on price?

EQIT, ETWO, CSD, COMD - value might increase but income?

MC (CTLD) is I think is away from new projects and maybe has a different (low-mid end) market in terms of rent. There is a land (previous car park) opposite MC which is up for development owned by another company

Liberty (CLND) has had refurbishments. Possible increase in rent but past results have not been impressive.

Unity is nothing much to talk about.
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by Hybrid on Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:08 pm

Land in Katunayake, Seeduwa, Jaela, Ekala, Kandana are slightly moving up in price with the Highway. if the Metropolis is planned and awareness is high it would be worth investing in land from now on.

Prices are between 250,000 pp upwards.
avatar
Hybrid

Posts : 745
Join date : 2015-02-03
Location : Colombo

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Thu May 19, 2016 7:46 am

CTLD has once again touched 55/-

avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Land and property - snapshot

Post by First Guy on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Update on CTLD (not new news)

1.65/- final dividend slightly more than last time.

Main point in their accounts is the turnaround of the investee company in which it holds 45%

I don't think there is expansion for Majestic City but the investee is planning expansion with 'internal and borrowed funds'
avatar
First Guy

Posts : 2533
Join date : 2014-02-22

Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum