The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Go down
balapas
Top contributor
Top contributor

Ravi Says That He Has Worked Hard To Curb Inflation By Bringing Down The Price Of Shares In The Stock Market Empty Ravi Says That He Has Worked Hard To Curb Inflation By Bringing Down The Price Of Shares In The Stock Market

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:18 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Ravi Says That He Has Worked Hard To Curb Inflation By Bringing Down The Price Of Shares In The Stock Market Cse2-310
The Finance Minister today said that his Ministry has been working round the clock to address the public’s concern with regards to inflation by taking steps to reduce the cost of some essential goods, with the price of shares already significantly down.

Speaking at a rally in his garden, Mr Karunanayake said, “I know people now have less money as a result of the rising inflation and also the increase in costs of vehicles which was not necessary, but not everything has risen in price. While some people have complained about the increase in Green Chillis, I say what about the decrease in the price of shares. People should substitute Chillies for the equity in some Sri Lankan companies which are at all-time low. I hear that JKH shares go very well some Pol Sambol, giving the right amount of kick.”

A number of nervous investors said, “This Stock Market crash is going to hurt us really badly. Some of us have already taken steps by investing in Green Chillies, Lumprais and Cupcakes. Have you seen the increase in the price of cupcakes in the last 6 months? It’s nuts – I bought one that cost me more than a buffet lunch. But at least it comes with free symptoms of diabetes. The Red Velvet at one of these cake shops put me in the red.”

And here is today’s stock market report – The All Share Price Index was down by 45 points against the L.A Lakers. In the Finance and Banking sectors, Pan Asia has been universally panned and very few investors have any interest in Seylan Bank while Vallibel may have been misspelled during incorporation. Moving on to retail, a number of traders said that there was no logic in buying Softlogic. In the agriculture sector, there was little growth for Finlays while BAT is going up in smoke. In the hotel industry, Citrus has left its shareholders with a sour taste. Ceylinco Insurance is trading at a premium and finally a number of private investors decided to short Orange Electric.

http://newscurry.co/ravi-says-that-he-has-worked-hard-to-curb-inflation-by-bringing-down-the-price-of-shares-in-the-stock-market/
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Ravi Says That He Has Worked Hard To Curb Inflation By Bringing Down The Price Of Shares In The Stock Market Empty Re: Ravi Says That He Has Worked Hard To Curb Inflation By Bringing Down The Price Of Shares In The Stock Market

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:24 am
Wow ... so like reducing the price of essentials Ravi has reduced the price of Shares... How about putting upper ceilings and ensure the share prices will not move beyond Palana Mila... Anyway Yahapalana has already selling shares at Palana mila....
seek
Top contributor
Top contributor

Ravi Says That He Has Worked Hard To Curb Inflation By Bringing Down The Price Of Shares In The Stock Market Empty Re: Ravi Says That He Has Worked Hard To Curb Inflation By Bringing Down The Price Of Shares In The Stock Market

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:56 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
People should substitute Chillies for the equity in some Sri Lankan companies which are at all-time low.

So this is the finance minister of Sri Lanka. Laughing
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:57 am
@ Balapas... first I thought you are just joking and even my above comment is a joke... Sorry for that...

Now only I read Mirror Business 27th Jan 2016...

" Selling JKH ... EPF suspected"

It was in the grapevine yesterday that the state controlled private sector pension fund , the EPF had been selling top blue chip JKH shares dragging the share price as well as the entire market down...

Oh my God... Yahapalana has really imposed Palana Mila over shares...

Those who were suspecting Manipulators are the cause to push market down can now really identify the manipulator... Will they ?
balapas
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 am
They were talking about EPF exiting investments but wonder this is the time to do it and how it should be done. Or is it something else, no idea. Need to get rid of Paskaralingam, Bradmon weerakoon , Ronnie demel etc who are passed 80 by now to take advice. They should have dementia by now. Also Ravi K must go.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:21 am
So you mean to say that there are no new brains than what was frozen with views of 80s in Yahapalana Clan...

Why cant these so called NALUWEK NOWA MOLAYAK people study Norwegian Petroleum Fund... the fund that own 2%+ of the entire world share market...

Norges Bank or the Central Bank of Norway is handling the account... Here our Naluwek Nowa Molayak trying to take away the handling from Central Bank of Sri Lanka.

Norway Pension Fund was initially investing only in Debt but later slowly moved into Equity and now almost 66% in equity..Our Naluwek Nowa Molayak try to exit from Shares...

This is what happen when People Freeze their Brain...
seek
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:35 am
No..No..
There are some hidden manipulators.. who are invisible.. hence never caught although you tried hard to catch..
There are absolute supporters of former government and former president..
They manipulate and sell JKH even at a huge loss..
What is EPF fund.. these people have bigger funds than EPF…
This is public money robbed during previous government..
You have to believe me.. if not I will repeat until you believe me..
They are still controlling the country, the economy and the share market..
They are invisible.. very powerful…
You have to believe me..
And
I bet.. they will never caught during this yahapalana regime..
They will always appear as scapegoats when you are failed..
manipulators... please..
HAL9000
HAL9000
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:38 am
Very funny hoax web !
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:27 am
seek wrote:No..No..
There are some hidden manipulators.. who are invisible.. hence never caught although you tried hard to catch..
There are absolute supporters of former government and former president..
They manipulate and sell JKH even at a huge loss..
What is EPF fund.. these people have bigger funds than EPF…
This is public money robbed during previous government..
You have to believe me.. if not I will repeat until you believe me..
They are still controlling the country, the economy and the share market..
They are invisible.. very powerful…
You have to believe me..
And
I bet.. they will never caught during this yahapalana regime..
They will always appear as scapegoats when you are failed..
manipulators... please..

Hi Seek

Seek & Hide

Even development is invisible in these days...

Believe me... Believe me ... Head of the state says Development is invisible

Not even shown in GDP figures

Not even shown in ASI triggers

Manipulators are invisible

development is Invisible and insensible

=======================================================

I am really thinking of going for a self-imposed ban for couple of months as I cant help commenting on Politics and naturally happen to add more adjectives in my language....
Future123

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:39 am
Many buggers expected ASPI to reach 10,000 points due to the Yahapal business strategies. But what happened?????

Yahapal aanduva market eka amu amuven meruva neda. They started with Super gain taxes and killed the momentum. That was the starting point of this carnage. Then interest rate hike, rupee depreciation, anti investor talks, punishing local businesses such as tile sector, creating selling pressure when the market momentum picking up such as BFL, ACL, JKH, etc and imposing many restrictions on banks and lending institutions.

Now no one talks about ASPI reaching 10,000 points but talking of reaching 5000 points.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:48 am
Future123 wrote:Many buggers expected ASPI to reach 10,000 points due to the Yahapal business strategies. But what happened?????

Yahapal aanduva market eka amu amuven meruva neda. They started with Super gain taxes and killed the momentum. That was the starting point of this carnage. Then interest rate hike, rupee depreciation, anti investor talks, punishing local businesses such as tile sector, creating selling pressure when the market momentum picking up such as BFL, ACL, JKH, etc and imposing many restrictions on banks and lending institutions.

Now no one talks about ASPI reaching 10,000 points but talking of reaching 5000 points.  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

I want to remain silent in this background...Yet can I ? When some try to dress the Nudist with " Naluwek nowa Molayak" , we too become blind....Ok..Ok... Development is invisible and will not represent in GDP figures or ASI numbers... Only the Intelligent can sense them..

We the fools cant see them..... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Ethical Trader
Ethical Trader
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:25 am
The website from where Balapas has taken this news seems to talk rubish- not facts, with hidden motives. Intended to create confusion among the public. Be careful guys.
mymoney

Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:50 am
seek wrote:People should substitute Chillies for the equity in some Sri Lankan companies which are at all-time low.

So this is the finance minister of Sri Lanka. Laughing  

Shall we stop buy shares and grow chilies ?
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:39 pm
It's satire guys, lighten up ! Great site, gives a better picture than the mainstream news.
HAL9000
HAL9000
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:02 pm
It is a well known entertainment  hoax web in Sri Lanka, MARA lovers just got excited.  Razz
seek
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:00 pm
Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)
http://www.dailymirror.lk/104333/selling-at-jkh-epf-suspected

It was in the grapevine yesterday that the state-controlled private sector pension fund, the Employees’ Provident Fund (EPF), had been selling top blue-chip John Keells Holdings PLC (JKH) shares, dragging the share price as well as the entire market down.

According to Lanka Securities, the JKH share yesterday slipped to a one-year low of Rs.150.10 before closing at Rs.153.70, down 2.1 percent. JKH contributed 45 percent to the day’s turnover of Rs.341.3 million, well below this year’s average of Rs.792 million, with almost one million shares changing hands.

Brokers said the EPF may be selling JKH shares in a lacklustre market to buy back a share parcel at a more attractive price later. However, analysts pointed out, had that been the case, the EPF should know better as pension funds handling public money are considered long-term investors and not short-term traders.

The EPF is believed to have bought these JKH shares at Rs.170 levels. The All Share Price Index has fallen 8.3 percent so far this year as foreign investors, unnerved by the global concerns over China’s economy, have cut their exposure. Foreign investors, who have been net sellers of Rs.2.28 billion worth of equities so far this year, were the net buyers of Rs.3.79 million worth of shares yesterday. The Central Bank, as expected, kept its key policy interest rates unchanged after market hours on Monday, saying the effects of previous adjustments were still trickling down into the economy and expected private sector credit growth to decelerate slowly. -
Future123

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:00 pm
seek wrote:http://www.dailymirror.lk/104333/selling-at-jkh-epf-suspected

Brokers said the EPF may be selling JKH shares in a lacklustre market to buy back a share parcel at a more attractive price later. However, analysts pointed out, had that been the case, the EPF should know better as pension funds handling public money are considered long-term investors and not short-term traders.

The EPF is believed to have bought these JKH shares at Rs.170 levels. The All Share Price Index has fallen 8.3 percent so far this year as foreign investors, unnerved by the global concerns over China’s economy, have cut their exposure. Foreign investors, who have been net sellers of Rs.2.28 billion worth of equities so far this year, were the net buyers of Rs.3.79 million worth of shares yesterday. The Central Bank, as expected, kept its key policy interest rates unchanged after market hours on Monday, saying the effects of previous adjustments were still trickling down into the economy and expected private sector credit growth to decelerate slowly. -

Curious to know who is the buyer. EPF bought for 170/= and selling at 150/= meaning there is a possibility of some deal. Why should EPF sell JKH which is a fundamental share at a loss? Who instructed to sell JKH at 150/=? Ravi K or Arjun M?
LION

Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:07 pm
Future123 wrote:
seek wrote:http://www.dailymirror.lk/104333/selling-at-jkh-epf-suspected

Curious to know who is the buyer. EPF bought for 170/= and selling at 150/= meaning there is a possibility of some deal. Why should EPF sell JKH which is a fundamental share at a loss? Who instructed to sell JKH at 150/=? Ravi K or Arjun M?

now EPF buying low price 150-155 if sell stop jkh wil up 165 level
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum