The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
Coronavirus UpdatesWed May 12, 2021 2:50 pmThe Invisible
Browns Investments updateTue Feb 02, 2021 2:38 pmYin-Yang
ACL CablesWed Dec 30, 2020 7:22 pmsubash
Merry Christmas to AllTue Dec 29, 2020 4:53 pmchutiputha
Trading Journal Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:33 pmxmart
HVA FoodsFri Dec 04, 2020 10:25 amThe Invisible
Tokyo CementMon Nov 23, 2020 9:42 amRajapaksap
Insider Dealings Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:30 ampjrngroup
UML United MotorsTue Nov 10, 2020 8:50 amThe Invisible
ExpolankaMon Nov 09, 2020 8:46 pmsmallville
Plantation Sector UpdatesSat Nov 07, 2020 8:15 amRajapaksap
HAYC - HaycarbFri Nov 06, 2020 12:11 pmsubash
LWL.N0000 (Lanka Walltiles PLC)Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:50 amsubash
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Go down
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC) - Page 2 Empty Re: GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)

Mon Nov 30, 2020 7:51 am
Indian management is very frugal when it comes to dividend payouts.
Hope the interested party is not as bad as the current owners.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:what will impact of glass if indian company sell?

First Guy

GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC) - Page 2 Empty Re: GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:47 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Indian management is very frugal when it comes to dividend payouts.
Hope the interested party is not as bad as the current owners.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:what will impact of glass if indian company sell?

GLAS is one of the best in terms of dividend policy in my opinion. They have a strict payout ratio of 50%. Not many companies have a policy like that.

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා likes this post

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:46 pm
Important Notification.

The Invisible

Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:56 pm
*GLAS - Sale and purchase agreement*

Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC has entered into a sale and purchase agreement with, _inter alia_, Piramal Glass Pvt Ltd (“Seller”) and Pristine Glass Pvt Ltd (“Purchaser”) for the sale and purchase of 536,331,880 shares at a total consideration of LKR 12.98bn (INR 5.16bn).

CAL estimates the transaction price per share to be _c._ LKR 10.4 (unadjusted for the differential in net working capital).

_CAL Research_

Antonym likes this post

smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:20 pm
How is my prediction guys? Very Happy Hope you all have traded to 10+

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා and Defender like this post

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:44 pm
Sadly, I missed the bus. Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How is my prediction guys? Very Happy Hope you all have traded to 10+

The Invisible

Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:43 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sadly, I missed the bus.  Sad

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:How is my prediction guys? Very Happy Hope you all have traded to 10+

You have got off the bus too early ne Very Happy

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:01 pm
Yes, but I want to re-entre at around 9.80 and by the time I made up my mind, the rally has already started. So I decided otherwise.
එක හීනෙන් එලිවෙන්නේ නැහැ කියලා සිංහලෙන් කියනවනේ.  bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sadly, I missed the bus.  Sad

You have got off the bus too early ne Very Happy

sanjulanka likes this post

sanjulanka

Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:19 am
මේ කොටස ගැනත් කව් ගී ටිකක් අලුතින් ලිය උනොත් නරකද? I love you I love you
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:18 am
Will it come up with a Buyback offer soon? Cool

sanjulanka likes this post

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Dec 15, 2020 3:54 pm
Disclosure

chutiputha
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:02 pm
Is that valid still ? with the trend and Indian Piramal News

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm seeing a possible Symmetrical triangle breakout on GLAS at 8.50/-. If volume support comes at this juncture with more than 5 mil being traded, GLAS can break 9.0 and reach 10 levels. More volumes above 10 means 11-13 targets can be achieved.

Volumes gradually decreased past few days in the consolidation period. if Monday more than 5 Mil volume traded, most probably 9.0 can be broken.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
hammurabi
hammurabi

GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC) - Page 2 Empty Next week has to be a GLAS week!

Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 pm
Next week has to be a GLAS week!
Looking at fundamentals and potentials GLAS can reach new heights!
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:19 pm
Some are trying to Pump Manufacturing sector now. Shocked
So be careful.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Next week has to be a GLAS week!

First Guy

Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:34 am
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Some are trying to Pump Manufacturing sector now. Shocked
So be careful.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Next week has to be a GLAS week!

Tell me a few stocks that you think are unfairly high? Smile

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා, blacknights, chutiputha and sanjulanka like this post

slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:24 pm
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Some are trying to Pump Manufacturing sector now. Shocked
So be careful.

Observations :

1) FirstGuy has knowledge  to answer his own question. But he doesn't Name.
2)  I see  Others are not naming shares too ( but want to like the
question !!)

WHY is this happening?

~~~~~~~~~~~

ps : I recently spent lot of time to write about a share I think is unfairy
high and very clearly pumped. That share is one direct answer for this question.
Yet, when I put all that effort to explain in detail who commented?  

This forum , one time  use to stand out from others!
It use to warn and discuss about wrong doings at CSE so people
don't fall into traps. People use to support the few who took time
to educate and stand against the wrongs doings!

Now ?

කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා and chutiputha like this post

First Guy
First Guy

Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:42 pm
So be careful.

Observations :

1) FirstGuy has knowledge  to answer his own question. But he doesn't Name.

My question was in the context of Kithsiri's comment regarding manufacturing sector and specifically in this GLAS thread. I have few manufacturing stocks at present. As per my calculations I don't think any of the ones I hold are unfairly high. So I wanted to know what these stocks were, if any were one I hold, I need to revisit that. I have a very narrow focus now and follow much fewer stocks in detail than I used to. These stocks are at much higher multiples that they had a year ago but there are enough reasons for that fundamentally. I also feel there is further room for share price growth (not GLAS) due to better earnings and better multiples.

blacknights likes this post

First Guy
First Guy

Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 pm
GLAS gave mandatory offer initially at 11.60/- and was trading at 11.20-11.30/- which means most are looking to accept the offer.

Offer has now been revised up to 11.86/- (+2.2%)

If bought at 11.30/- (now may not be possible) it will give a profit of 3.9% if offer is accepted.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum