The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Go down
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery Empty ‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery

Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:07 pm

‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery
Tuesday, 18 March 2014 10:11

By Lasantha Niroshan Perera and W A Sirisena
Lottery luck had brought windfalls to many. The son of a cobbler from Rakwana who was habitually purchasing lottery tickets never believed that fortune was around the corner, when he was tempted to buy a lottery ticket from a sweep seller who showed him the last five unsold tickets he had with him.

The following day he was taken by surprise when he noticed the super ball lottery ticket he had purchased the previous day had made him rich bringing him Rs.58 million as the winning jackpot.

His father is a cobbler by profession eking out a hand to mouth existence in Rakwana. The son who is of no fixed abode, had worked as an assistant in a hotel, and some times drives a three wheeler obtained on daily rent. The father not at all being swayed by the fortune his son had won, was seen at his familiar spot in Rakwana town mending the shoes of those in need of attention

He said, “according to our belief we do not think that God had given this money to my son, he will use it in the best way, while I continue with my daily usual errands”
Sources revealed that the winner a youth of 28 was in the habit of buying lottery tickets daily. He had won few small prizes, but it was actually on the 14th Friday evening that lady luck gave him her biggest smile. He could not believe when the seller persuaded him to buy a ticket saying that they were the last five remaining. First he thought it was another prank played by these sellers.

The youth who sold the winning ticket is also a happy man. He was thrilled that he had sold a ticket which had made a fellow villager a millionaire.

The winner had lost his mother and her elder sister in the Tsunami, when they had visited a relative in Hambantota. The loss of his mother had been a serious blow to him and to his father. In the face of severe economic set backs a portion of their land too had to be sold by the cobbler.

Their fate had brought them luck at a time they least expected.
Leon
Leon
Top contributor
Top contributor

‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery Empty Re: ‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:55 am
Backstage wrote:

‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery
Tuesday, 18 March 2014 10:11

By Lasantha Niroshan Perera and W A Sirisena
Lottery luck had brought windfalls to many. The son of a cobbler from Rakwana who was habitually purchasing lottery tickets never believed that fortune was around the corner, when he was tempted to buy a lottery ticket from a sweep seller who showed him the last five unsold tickets he had with him.

The following day he was taken by surprise when he noticed the super ball lottery ticket he had purchased the previous day had made him rich bringing him Rs.58 million as the winning jackpot.

His father is a cobbler by profession eking out a hand to mouth existence in Rakwana. The son who is of no fixed abode, had worked as an assistant in a hotel, and some times drives a three wheeler obtained on daily rent. The father not at all being swayed by the fortune his son had won, was seen at his familiar spot in Rakwana town mending the shoes of those in need of attention

He said, “according to our belief we do not think that God had given this money to my son, he will use it in the best way, while I continue with my daily usual errands”
Sources revealed that the winner a youth of 28 was in the habit of buying lottery tickets daily. He had won few small prizes, but it was actually on the 14th Friday evening that lady luck gave him her biggest smile. He could not believe when the seller persuaded him to buy a ticket saying that they were the last five remaining. First he thought it was another prank played by these sellers.

The youth who sold the winning ticket is also a happy man. He was thrilled that he had sold a ticket which had made a fellow villager a millionaire.

The winner had lost his mother and her elder sister in the Tsunami, when they had visited a relative in Hambantota. The loss of his mother had been a serious blow to him and to his father. In the face of severe economic set backs a portion of their land too had to be sold by the cobbler.

Their fate had brought them luck at a time they least expected.

I'm not sure whether others will allow hm to remain as he was.
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Top contributor
Top contributor

‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery Empty Re: ‘I will remain a Cobbler’ despite son winning Rs. 58 mn in lottery

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:14 pm
Why Not ?
Many lose bearings after a windfall when they tend to forget the basics and their comfort zones.
I am sure, this guy knows what he was talking.
All the Best.
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:23 pm
What do you think about this dude ?

A porter in a million
March 17, 2014, 9:41 pm

By Pradeep Prasanna Samarakoon

A porter working in the Manning Market, Pettah, came in for much praise yesterday morning after he had returned a purse he had picked up with Rs.145,000 to its rightful owner.

Officers of the police post situated at the market said Chandana Pushpakumara from Nagalagam Street, Grandpass had found the purse belonging to vegetable wholesaler Sampath Dayananda residing at Dias Place Pettah.

On finding the purse he immediately contacted the police, who in turn got in touch with its owner.

According to the police businessman Dayananda was so happy to get back his purse he gave a reward of Rs. 5,000 to Chandana immediately.

The purse was returned to the rightful owner in the presence of the police post OIC sub inspector Keerthiratne and other officers.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum