The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Sin Shares !

+6
GroundedKestrel
කිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
slstock
yellow knife
Suja1
The Alchemist
10 posters
Go down
GroundedKestrel
GroundedKestrel

Sin Shares !  - Page 2 Empty Re: Sin Shares !

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:29 pm
Afourer,

You answered your own question. Premeditation, the intent to kill must be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Remember, there is a quote that says "better let a 1000 guilty men walk free, than hang 1 innocent man".

Please answer the following two questions to satisfy my curiosity as well;

1. Should someone like Wele Suda be given the death penalty? someone who has supplied so much of drugs that ruined families and caused a lot of premeditated murders like above?

2. What about someone who hires a hitman to carry out a contract killing? should the hitman, employer of the hitman or both get the death penalty? what if he hires a hitman to kill the hitman he initially hired? do all three get the death penalty?

Thank you YK Smile always a pleasure to hear from you. I share the same sentiments about your mind. True blue patriot.
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:33 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Here are couple of question for you"ll to think ?

1) Is the Hangman /executioner a Sinner ?
2) Is okay to kill the Executioner as he has taken another life?

GroundedKestrel
GroundedKestrel

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:38 pm
I don't know about the religious implications (Pow, Pin, Sins, Virtues) but if the death penalty is brought in legally, it is a "justifiable homicide" which means that it is a legally sanctioned killing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justifiable_homicide
Afourer

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:49 pm
GroundedKestrel wrote:Afourer,

You answered your own question. Premeditation, the intent to kill must be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt. Remember, there is a quote that says "better let a 1000 guilty men walk free, than hang 1 innocent man".

Please answer the following two questions to satisfy my curiosity as well;

1. Should someone like Wele Suda be given the death penalty? someone who has supplied so much of drugs that ruined families and caused a lot of premeditated murders like above?

2. What about someone who hires a hitman to carry out a contract killing? should the hitman, employer of the hitman or both get the death penalty? what if he hires a hitman to kill the hitman he initially hired? do all three get the death penalty?

Thank you YK Smile always a pleasure to hear from you. I share the same sentiments about your mind. True blue patriot.
Ohh... lets not make the water muddy. Since some say they don't like the death penalty (including you in your previous comments), all I want to know is what is the alternative, provided A was proven guilty by all means.
yellow knife
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:53 pm
If you can make a man live forever that will be a better punishment than taking his life off.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
GroundedKestrel
GroundedKestrel

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:12 pm
You are wrong. I am all for the death penalty. I just want there to be an independent commission overseeing it instead of just the kosso Wink
The Alchemist
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:15 pm
going slightly off topic here. shall we get back to matters back at the farm Smile
Future123

Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:16 pm
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
[quote="slstock"]I tell  this much voluntarily in public, you now ask  "What is the range of your personal net worth?" and to substantiate it?

Now thats  pushing it are you not?

I have already answered what you needed to know in a public forum.
I said what I said  to back  why I respect people more who toiled on their own.
Why because that how I mainly shaped my life ( from mid twenties) without hassling parents, shoe shining anyone , kissing anyone B***, or going after only those who I can get benefit from.

Anyway I will tell a bit more..

My Parents educated me primarily ( Thanks to them for giving a start).
Then I worked my butt off to get further educated  by my own merit.
Then from there I use my own effort, knowledge ,  and brains  to progress to where I am today.
( not too rich or not too poor , not a great big shot nor a sprat  ).

I can also tell you my life was not a smooth sailing , where  everything fell into my lap like in a fairy tale. It was with  obstacles some will  not dream of facing.

I can say I have  educated 1000s   in prominent field ( not stock markets)  who   contribute to Sri Lanka economy and World now, fought big battles for justice ( still am) ,  was a  silent force along with a few others  behind getting a parliament bill passed   that  positively effected  multi millions of citizens of the  country , had  to give up so many things   ( some would say I am crazy) to  preserve  principles  I stood up for   ...  and to this date I am no ones stooge ... and if someone does injustice to me or someone I know,  I will not easily let go  

I may have said too much about myself in a public  forum. slstock"]

Sir, We are very proud to have a gentleman like you with us. It's very difficult to get a person who dedicate most of his time for others. Keep it up.
First Guy
First Guy

Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:46 pm
Different religions preach different beliefs, some some practice any.

Then there's the balance between legal and ethical (and sinful).

I have not 'discriminated' any share in CSE based on the business they are in. But if I find out the way they do their business is not right then I will consider not buying it.

It's might easy to say poultry, tobacco and alcohol stocks are 'sinful' but there might be other real sinful companies that don't treat HUMANS right in the first place.

I also look at it from a customer perspective.

And I will not go beyond my principles to make money. How I make my money is important to me.
kass
kass
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:29 pm
1. do you consider poultry stocks to be in a "sin" industry ? yes

if so, do you consume chicken ? No

if not, is it for religious beliefs or because you dont like the meat ? Both

are you a vegetarian ? Half (eat only fish)

do you consume eggs ? No

2. do you deal in shares of DIST & CTC ? No

are they considered "sin" stocks ? Yes

if you dont deal in them for "sin" reasons, then you consume alcohol and or smoke ? No

3. what other sectors / companies do you classify as "sin" shares ?  Weapons manufacturing

4. As a person, are you Pro-Life i.e. Anti - Abortion ? or Pro- abortion ? Anti - Abortion

5. How do you feel about the Death Penalty ? For or Against  

As an individual I'm against it however as a country we need it at the moment just to slow down the crime rate (only as a temporary solution).

I believe in Karma, people who get killed, die because of their own bad karma done in the past and while the victim is paying for his bad karma  the attacker accumilates bad karma by harming the victim. So by nature there is a mechanism where justice is served with out any question or doubt, I think most will disagree with my view.

However as a country the leaders have to take a decision atleast to activate death penalty as a temporary measure just to send a message to the society but the people who implement death penalty will not gain bad karma because the laws are passed with out focusing to kill a specific person eg: Welesuda If we narrow down our view and say Wele suda should be hanged or Seya's killers should be hanged we also become a part of the vicious karma cycle.

If the hangman does his job with out the intention of killing that person, he will not accumulate any sin, but a weak minded person in that job will not be able to kill the culprit with out such intention, so most probably he will get his share of sin depending upon his intention towards hanging that person. Sin is totally a mind game and it is very tricky, that's why we are still in Sansara
GroundedKestrel
GroundedKestrel

Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:10 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
To be honest, i find GREG, PCH, CIFL, TWOD to be the main sinful shares as opposed to BFL, CTC, LION, BREW.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum