The Investor Sentiment - Equity and investments forum for Sri Lankans

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please send an email to contact.lankaninvestor@gmail.com if you face any technical difficulties when posting
Search
Display results as :
Advanced Search
Latest topics
CCS.N0000 ( Ceylon Cold Stores)Wed Mar 20, 2024 11:31 amHawk Eye
When Will It Be Safe To Invest In The Stock Market Again?Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:41 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Dividend AnnouncementsWed Apr 12, 2023 5:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
MAINTENANCE NOTICE / නඩත්තු දැනුම්දීමThu Apr 06, 2023 3:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SEYB.N0000 (Seylan Bank PLC)Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:25 amyellow knife
The Korean Way !Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
In the Meantime Within Our Shores! Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:51 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What is Known as Dementia?Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:09 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:18 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
THE LANKA HOSPITALS CORPORATION PLC (LHCL.N0000)Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:10 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Equinox ( වසන්ත විෂුවය ) !Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMB.N0000 (Commercial Bank of Ceylon PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:11 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
REXP.N0000 (Richard Pieris Exports PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:02 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
RICH.N0000 (Richard Pieris and Company PLC)Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:53 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Do You Have Computer Vision Syndrome?Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
LAXAPANA BATTERIES PLC (LITE.N0000)Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:23 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What a Bank Run ?Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:33 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
104 Technical trading experiments by HUNTERWed Mar 15, 2023 4:27 pmkatesmith1304
GLAS.N0000 (Piramal Glass Ceylon PLC)Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:45 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Cboe Volatility Index Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:32 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AHPL.N0000Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:46 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
TJL.N0000 (Tee Jey Lanka PLC.)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:43 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CTBL.N0000 ( CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC)Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:41 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (COMD. N.0000))Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:43 pmyellow knife
Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:47 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
CSD.N0000 (Seylan Developments PLC)Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:38 amyellow knife
PLC.N0000 (People's Leasing and Finance PLC) Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:02 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Bakery Products ?Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:30 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
NTB.N0000 (Nations Trust Bank PLC)Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Going South Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:47 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
When Seagulls Follow the TrawlerThu Mar 02, 2023 10:22 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Re-activatingSat Feb 25, 2023 5:12 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
SAMP.N0000 (Sampath Bank PLC)Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:24 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
APLA.N0000 (ACL Plastics PLC)Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:49 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
AVOID FALLING INTO ALLURING WEEKEND FAMILY PACKAGES.Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:28 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Banks, Finance & Insurance Sector ChartTue Nov 15, 2022 5:26 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
VPEL.N0000 (Vallibel Power Erathna PLC)Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:15 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DEADLY COCKTAIL OF ISLAND MENTALITY AND PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER MIX.Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:36 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
WATA - WatawalaSat Nov 05, 2022 8:44 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
KFP.N0000(Keels Food Products PLC)Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:42 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Capital Trust Broker in difficulty?Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
IS PIRATING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY A BOON OR BANE?Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:13 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
What Industry Would You Choose to Focus?Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:39 pmකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Should I Stick Around, or Should I Follow Others' Lead?Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:07 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
DV-2024 Program: Online RegistrationThu Oct 06, 2022 11:26 amකිත්සිරි ද සිල්වා
Disclaimer

Information posted in this forum are entirely of the respective members' personal views. The views posted on this open online forum of contributors do not constitute a recommendation buy or sell. The site nor the connected parties will be responsible for the posts posted on the forum and will take best possible action to remove any unlawful or inappropriate posts.
All rights to articles of value authored by members posted on the forum belong to the respective authors. Re-using without the consent of the authors is prohibited. Due credit with links to original source should be given when quoting content from the forum.
This is an educational portal and not one that gives recommendations. Please obtain investment advises from a Registered Investment Advisor through a stock broker

Harmonic Price Patterns

+40
yaka
knockknobbler
SalmantheGreat
chinwi
jiggysaurus
The Alchemist
slstock
pee ratio
Nitro 7
bugbee
SHARK
KDDND
stocks hunter
shane101
suja
Jana1
Seyon
yellow knife
oneshot
Leon
Hawk Eye
Nuinth
dhanurrox
Sriranga
cseinvestor
smallville
wmdcf
balapas
Backstage
Jimmy
girihell
pathfinder
serene
nihal123
Jana
Ethical Trader
sashimaal
Admin
First Guy
SHARK a.k.a TAH
44 posters
Go down
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Harmonic Price Patterns - Page 13 Empty Re: Harmonic Price Patterns

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:10 pm
TAH,

To me you are TAH as I knew you then , and will like to call you same now. SHARK was your reborn name which you used during your transition to the other world. I don't want to talk about what happened or the repercussions as the damage was/is already done.

But I have one direct question to you : if you were interested in helping new comers ( that the reason you gave) , why could you have not been in this forum while also wanting to be at the other place. If you were not paid there also, why did you want to take up Co-Admin post ( without real power) there and abandon here? As you know both places have new comers and both places are public forums
( one more genuine and transparent than the other as a fact but let not go there) .
Any new comer can come here also and check posts as this is public too? Only difference I see is the member count here is smaller( but growing). ( But then again I was member 40+ something at the other place before we all collectively made it grow to over 10000)

From what I recollect , in February , you clearly saw what happened at the other place and you were one of the very first to deject the horrid happenings to say you will quit even before I left the place. Then I see you came here as TAH , made some good posts to help the forum, and all I know is when I returned in June you were gone and reborn as Shark.

There are many voids in your story and your explanations does not fit my open way of understanding . That why I am asking.
If you have some "personal reasons" and do not want to disclose it in public is okay as I don't want to put you in any difficulty.

Just stick to your good technical skills from now on and don't get involved in washing dirty linen of others or do things to tarnish the name you built. Anyway lets try to bring some of the old glory days back and help the new comers when possible .

BTW, I sent you a direct PM sometime back to tell you what I wanted to tell you then. Afterwards I know some other people ( won't mention names in public without their consent) also got in touch with you with my knowledge .

I like to make the PM I sent you some months ago ( in June or July I think) public knowledge as it won't cause you are me harm ...
I am not sure you saw it.

TAH,

For the sake of good times ( we known each other and communicated much ), I thought I will tell you the below.

I always admired your skills and ethics as TAH.
I see you as a person who has so much skill , potential, and capacity to do good to the world.

You has previously built up a good name for yourself . Try to keep it intact. Not sure what made you change your character so much.

As a Brother , I want to see you climb up to success in life . Just don't forget your past and keep your good qualities intact where ever you are.

All the best in life.

ps: I honestly don't understand why GMnet and SStar is behaving like crazy , being ungrateful and sinking so low. Guess it is their choice.

When I came back here you were

SHARK wrote:
smallville wrote:Tah aka Shark - I respected u for your technicals and good spirit u had before u sell ur soul to the Power hungry Gilmart and clan.

I feel so funny now..

I'm just asking to knw TAH aka Shark - How it is feel to come back when u were a part of a mafia gang? I mean U were a co-admin of the site that most of us abandoned due to ill treatment and dual tonged of Gilmart. U came here with us then blamed them and went there to have greener pastures..

So u came here spying on us in absence of Martiya cuz he cant come and get humiliated? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I did not come here spying first off.
And did not sell my soul like you think.
And i did not abandon my previous place as its my birth place.
All i requested was to step down so i get greater freedom.
History repeats and it has its cycle, and i hope not it will be a dejavu.
And Good to see there are new comers embracing technical side of cse in the other place.
I am proud i did something in small way and its results are seeing in my own eyes.....
surely i will be with the newcomers.

SHARK aka TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:56 pm
Dear SLS
Why this topic reappearing from time to time regarding Payments etc.......
I have never demanded or requested through email any incentive from SStar who is my Point of Contact or anyone from the management directly or indirectly.
All was done with an assurance of keeping the forum intact without outside interference when it ran into trouble.
I do not want to discuss this issue in another place, about another place.
Where that place is my birth place as TAH.

So question of Payments do not arise for me .......
My steeping down as Co-Admin was a for different reason altogether, which i will not disclose here as it would be unprofessional in my part.
I am trying to maintain my code of ethics/standard for my self.
So lets discuss stocks instead some other issues ....

I felt as a Co-Admin to take active part in another forum would be conflict of interest, since then so much had taken place, and i realised being no part of any forum would allow my precious freedom to utilise for both places.

Also i realized taking a position at that turbulent time would help that place to some extent. IMHO it has, and we have good people contributing their apart from me.

Shark
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:41 pm
slstock wrote:TAH,

To me you are TAH as I knew you then ,  and will like to call you same now.  SHARK  was your reborn name which you  used during your transition to the other  world.   I don't want to   talk about what happened  or the repercussions  as the damage was/is  already done.

But I have one direct question to you  :  if you were interested in helping new comers ( that the reason you gave) ,  why could you have not been in this forum while also wanting to be at the other place.  If you were not paid there also, why did you want to take up Co-Admin post ( without real power) there and abandon here?    As you know both places have new comers and both places are public forums
( one more genuine and transparent than the other as a fact but let not go there) .
Any new comer can come here also and check posts as this is public too?   Only difference I see  is the  member count here is smaller( but growing).  (  But then again I was member 40+  something at the other place before we  all collectively made it grow to over 10000)  

From what I recollect , in February , you clearly saw what happened at the other place and you were one of the   very first to deject  the horrid happenings to say you will quit even before I left the place.  Then I see you came here as TAH ,   made some good posts to help the forum, and all I know is  when I returned in June you were gone and reborn as Shark.

There are many voids in your  story  and your explanations  does not fit my open way of understanding  . That why I am asking.
If you have some "personal reasons" and do not want to disclose it in public  is okay as I don't want to put you in any difficulty.  

Just stick to your good technical skills from now on and don't get involved in washing dirty linen of others  or do things to tarnish the name you built.   Anyway  lets try to bring some of the old glory days back and help the new comers  when possible .

BTW,  I sent you a direct  PM sometime back to tell you what I wanted to tell you then. Afterwards  I know some other people ( won't mention names in public without their consent)  also got in touch with you with my knowledge .

I like to make the PM I sent you  some months ago ( in June or July I  think)  public  knowledge as it won't cause you are me harm  ...  
I am not sure you saw it.

TAH,

For the sake of good times ( we known each other and communicated much ), I thought I will tell you the below.

I always admired your skills and ethics as TAH.
I see you as a person who has so much skill , potential, and capacity to do good to the world.

You has previously built up a good name for yourself . Try to keep it intact. Not sure what made you change your character so much.

As a Brother , I want to see you climb up to success in life . Just don't forget your past and keep your good qualities intact where ever you are.

All the best in life.

ps: I honestly don't understand why GMnet and SStar is behaving like crazy , being ungrateful and sinking so low. Guess it is their choice.

When I came back here you were    

SHARK wrote:
smallville wrote:Tah aka Shark - I respected u for your technicals and good spirit u had before u sell ur soul to the Power hungry Gilmart and clan.

I feel so funny now..

I'm just asking to knw TAH aka Shark - How it is feel to come back when u were a part of a mafia gang? I mean U were a co-admin of the site that most of us abandoned due to ill treatment and dual tonged of Gilmart. U came here with us then blamed them and went there to have greener pastures..

So u came here spying on us in absence of Martiya cuz he cant come and get humiliated? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I did not come here spying first off.
And did not sell my soul like you think.
And i did not abandon my previous place as its my birth place.
All i requested was to step down so i get greater freedom.
History repeats and it has its cycle, and i hope not it will be a dejavu.
And Good to see there are new comers embracing technical side of cse in the other place.
I am proud i did something in small way and its results are seeing in my own eyes.....
surely i will be with the newcomers.

SHARK aka TAH

Thanks SLS.
Very pertinent and important questions.
You might be able clear many of the minds here.
It is empirical that we have solve any concerns at the out set.
serene
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:52 pm
SHARK a.k.a TAH wrote:Dear SLS
Why this topic reappearing from time to time regarding Payments etc.......
I have never demanded or requested through email any incentive from SStar who is my Point of Contact or anyone from the management directly or indirectly.
All was done with an assurance of keeping the forum intact without outside interference when it ran into trouble.
I do not want to discuss this issue in another place, about another place.
Where that place is my birth place as TAH.

So question of Payments do not arise for me .......
My steeping down as Co-Admin was a for different reason altogether, which i will not disclose here as it would be unprofessional in my part.
I am trying to maintain my code of ethics/standard for my self.
So lets discuss stocks instead some other issues ....

I felt as a Co-Admin to take active part in another forum would be conflict of interest, since then so much had taken place, and i realised being no part of any forum would allow my precious freedom to utilise for both places.

Also i realized taking a position at that turbulent time would help that place to some extent. IMHO it has, and we have good people contributing their apart from me.

Shark

We all appreciate your tremendous contribution in early part of this forum.

Then time has changed but the forum had been evolving in a satisfactory manner.

With the arrival of SLS and other experts the forum quality is improved exponentially.

We all are more than happy where are we now.
We have genuine, ethical, honest and trustworthy set of people.
We have something more than the investing .
No one is trying to make money at the expense of some one.

Really wish that you are here for genuine reasons.
I always believe your value is very much more as a technical person.
Personally really happy to see here.
All the very best mate. cheers

Last edited by serene on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spellings)
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
http://reports.weforum.org/global-competitiveness-report-2014-2015/rankings/
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:40 pm
How will we power the next energy revolution?

The energy industry is on the cusp of a seismic shift, not simply in terms of the type of energy society will become dependent upon as the century progresses, but who controls it, too.

It could be the biggest transformation in the market since the Industrial Revolution, except this time control won’t necessarily be in the hands of nations and corporations, but of the consumer. Or, as some have termed them, prosumers – people who don’t just consume power but produce it too.

Some experts believe that by using the extraordinary technology that is dominating every aspect of our lives, they will soon create, use and conserve energy in a uniquely personalized manner. This is the future of energy – or one of its futures, anyway. Amid a turbulent background of increased supply costs, political volatility, logistical difficulties and rising prices, the “internet of things” will help to provide the fuel for the planet to live in a more sustainable manner.

In such a market, it’s hoped that consumers will not feel daunted by ever-increasing charges and will benefit from dramatically increased competition, emerging nations will be able to capitalize on the tech revolution, and corporations will form new partnerships and make grand investments that will be felt for generations to come.

The comparison with the Industrial Revolution is apt – the grid system that the planet relies upon has its expensive and often inefficient roots in the 19th century models of buying, delivering, pricing and selling. But technology has the power to change that – some might say it has to.

Seeing the light
Take lighting as one example. It consumes about 19% of the world’s electric power, more than all our nuclear and hydroelectric plants can produce together (which is about 15% in total). As billions more demand and get access to lighting, billions will have to be spent on new power plants or access will need to be restricted so that entire communities remain in darkness.

Unless software, analytics and the internet help to recalibrate the system. For instance, at the moment people can’t control energy consumption because it’s not worth it and nor is it practical. We all know switching off lights is good, but we don’t really know how much it saves. New software will profoundly alter that – data will not just record people’s behaviour it will change it too.

The problem with change is that it can take a while and we swiftly become disillusioned with promises that are made. Gas, wind and solar power, electric cars and LED systems have existed for so long that many have ceased to believe in them. And when institutions such as the International Energy Agency says that fossil fuels still meet 80% of global energy needs and that they’ll still satisfy the forecasted 40% rise in energy demand over the next two decades, it’s easy to see why the supposed dominance of renewables is doubted.

But technological innovations of the past decade have transformed their efficacy and they’ve been joined by other, even smarter forms of renewables such as smart grids, electro-chromic windows (in which incoming light, and thus heat, can be controlled and even stored) and nanowire batteries, together with biofuels, fracking and, perhaps, fourth generation nuclear reactors which, it is hoped, will produce more hydrogen-based energy.

Tech-fuelled transformation
While it’s perilous to predict what will and won’t reap dividends – just eight years ago not even the finest minds in America had an inkling of the fracking revolution – the pace of change is so fast that watching and waiting from the sidelines may leave many struggling to catch up. The tech-fuelled transformations of the media and retail industries are proof of that.

Thus, the major energy companies have already shifted their focus to capitalize on these changes and ensure they lead – in partnership with smaller, more tech-centric collaborators – the renewable market too. Businesses such as BP, Shell, Exxon and others have invested billions in research and infrastructure in a bid to turn into reality what were, until recently, fanciful futuristic scenarios.

These companies understand that they now operate in a world in which strategies designed to capitalize on new technologies will need to be developed before consumers take them for granted. Collaborations between East and West, emerging and developed markets, established business leaders with smaller, more agile tech firms will be far more prevalent.

For instance, disruptive technologies will see traditional utility companies in competition with retailers, tech outfits, telecom owners and even media companies to control the infrastructure of a powered future at the mercy of the consumer. It’s not surprising that Google recently invested $3.2 billion in buying Nest Labs, a start-up that makes smart domestic thermostats and smoke alarms.

Every home a power plant?
Typical homes could be turned into miniature power plants, producing and storing electricity. Equipped with tripled-glazed windows, energy-efficient lighting, sensor-windows that can control sunlight, solar panels, mini-turbines, water monitors and heat pumps.

In such a scenario, consumers will care as much about the energy they don’t consume as much as the energy they do. So utility companies, perhaps in partnership with financial institutions, will need to encourage consumers by helping them to install these products, and then offering discounts for using energy outside of peak times.

A new home equipped with such technology could, by 2020, consumer 90% less energy. Thus, selling energy may no longer be profitable in itself; providing infrastructure (such as insulation fabrics) and personalized billing strategies will be.

Souped up solar panels
Solar power is an especially interesting renewable sector because technology such as gas turbines and batteries are beginning to counter the effects of intermittency. Martha Broad, Executive Director at MIT energy initiative, says: “Some consumers install solar panels on their homes and the power is then fed into the grid where it becomes part of the renewable energy pool consumers can choose to receive. Our engineers are also finding ways to deposit solar cells on ordinary materials, making them lightweight, flexible and less expensive. For example, researchers have developed a way to make the first solar cell that produces two electrons for every incoming photon of sunlight thereby wasting less heat and generating twice as much energy than conventional solar cells.”

It’s true that much of the tech-renewable sector is still couched in the words ‘’may” and “might”. But then so is much of what we consider more familiar energy. China may have a transformative shale boom (it’s predicted to own the world’s largest shale gas reserves, though access to water may be a serious issue), electric cars may be cheaper than petrol-fuelled, and the oil price may drop significantly – perhaps by as much as 70% – if there’s a reliance on renewable resources or through the abundance of shale and tight oil reserves. America, for instance, is predicted to be the world’s top oil producer by the end of 2015 and will be close to energy self-sufficiency within the next two decades.

The power of data
While much is unknowable, the internet of things and mobile technology will make “knowing” one of the energy industry’s most valuable commodities. Enormous amounts of data will enable the consumer to know in fine detail what energy they’ll need, what it will cost, how much they can create and store. Companies will know their customers more intimately than ever and can tailor personalized packages to instil loyalty, enabled by companies such as Autogrid – a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer.

Autogrid’s software gives utility companies and others visibility and control over how much power supply is needed in specific areas and at specific times. Instead of a company overestimating that it needs to supply 1GW of power for a city, the Autogrid software can tell it that it only really needs 927 MW, a 7% reduction. Moreover, if they offer pricing incentives to 637,521 customers that have in the past accepted pricing premiums to turn down that power, they can lower the overall power they need for the next two hours to 700 MW, a 30% reduction.

Autogrid’s CEO, Amit Narayan, said: “The immediate benefits are lower costs, but the larger benefits are arguably even more important. Once a utility and customers get used to automated power control, a city can start to rely more on renewables. You know exactly how much power will be needed so you don’t have to generate any extra. But by measuring and controlling the grid in such a manner, we believe the greatest impact of software like ours will be in the developing world. For instance, an estimated 1.6 billion people still read by kerosene lamps – they don’t have electric lights because it has been too costly to install a grid. We make the grid more economical and, once some sort of microgrid or other infrastructure is in place, we help to ensure that you only buy as much power as you need.”

Regardless of the changes in the business model, technology will continue to make renewable sources cheaper to use and install. Lower prices and lower emissions accelerate decarbonization and power available to a vastly increased audience will compel energy companies to adapt to new technologies and the changing preferences of consumers.

Author: Grant Feller is a writer working for the World Economic Forum.

http://forumblog.org/2014/09/powering-next-energy-revolution/
Backstage
Backstage
Top contributor
Top contributor

Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:41 pm
And what has that got to do with HPP ?

Is it the full moon ?
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:41 pm
TAH

The questions I asked are important for your own good. Do you know how many people were concerned of your motives ( I also got emails / PMs) when you came back here after crossing over?

1)

I only mentioned the payment word One time in the post. I have not raised it before. Infact I even tried to clear you of it if you read what I said again carefully .

You don't have to go crazy over it and shoot the messenger who is trying to clear the Air.

I can tell you one thing. Many people who communicated with me was in the opinion that the reason you crossed over was due to business ideas/reasons of your own. I just wanted you to explain your side so people can look at your version and decide.

2) I have every right yo ask you about this ( and I did it decently) as you did get involved with the GMNet /SStar management and even appologised to GMNet on one occasion when she/Sstar ID they tried to cause me harm.

Btw, if you wanted to help new comers, am still not understanding why you wanted to take up Co-Admin posts with a management with a seriously bad record of abuse and even side with them to defend them at times. We all know the bogus things which happened there.

To help new comers, you could have easily done it as a ordinary member and not get involved with the "bad people " to mudsling past people who actually helped them.

3)

Before we talk about stocks, please read the below when you have time
http://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1010p180-note-to-members-of-investor-sentiment-forum#9508

thank you.
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:02 am
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:09 am
Backstage wrote:And what has that got to do with HPP ?

Is it the full moon ?
Whats that what .... are you asking me... if its so the answer is extra bit of reading .... which you will find in all my threads since i started it from SLEF. Rolling Eyes
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:36 am
slstock wrote:TAH

The questions I asked are important for your own good. Do you know how many  people were concerned of  your  motives ( I also got emails / PMs) when you came back here after crossing over?

You should not worry about those people as they dont have any other business to do, what cross over ? i am still the SHARK in SLEF just that i stepped down from the Co-Admin post, so i can be in both places

1)

I only mentioned the payment word  One time in the post.  I have not raised it before. Infact I even tried to clear you of it if you  read what I said again carefully .  

There is nothing to clear anything about me.... please dont bring unfair accusations...

You don't have to go crazy over  it  and shoot the messenger who is  trying to clear the Air.

Please next time dont be the messenger, its not good for person of high calibre

I can tell you one thing. Many people who communicated with me was in the opinion that  the reason you crossed over was due to business ideas/reasons of your own.   I just wanted you to explain your side so   people can look at your version  and decide.

Who are these advisors of yours who know nothing but to create issues and issues and nothing but trouble, you should be mindful of them before others

2)  I have every right yo ask you about this ( and I did it decently) as you did  get involved with the GMNet /SStar management  and even  appologised to GMNet  on one occasion   when  she/Sstar ID  they tried to  cause me   harm.

I apologized for both you and GMNet in my capacity as former co-admin, this was straight from my heart

Btw, if you wanted to help new comers, am still not understanding why you wanted to take up Co-Admin posts  with a management  with a seriously  bad record of abuse and  even side with them to defend  them at times.  We all know the bogus things which happened there.

I would leave the above for you and that management to solve it, i am no part of it.

To help new comers, you  could have easily done it as a ordinary member and not get involved with the "bad people " to mudsling past people who actually helped them.  

Your point well noted (takes two 2 tango) and i never and ever sling mud at anyone as far as i know. i infact invited you to come and clarify that article which was copy pasted

3)

Before we talk about stocks, please read the below when you have time  
http://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1010p180-note-to-members-of-investor-sentiment-forum#9508

I will read it when time permits. Thanks

thank you.

I hope you are still the same SLS i knew, so dont change that.....
And dont question about my motives being here...... This was the same problem you and GMNet had back in Feb 2014 when an article was published which you questioned, If you start questioning you should question all members in IS to be fair.
I will answer then my motive, so every one are treated equally.

Happy Trading
Shark
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:45 am
The awesome power of parental love

By Lionel Wijesiri

Kaushalya is a graduate in Marketing Studies and working as a corporate PR Manager. Her mother died a few weeks ago. Back at home after the funeral activities, she talked about her mother and related a personal life incident.

“I was just six years old when this incident occured. My mother was an ardent collector of antiques, especially vases. She had a much-cherished vase once owned by her great-grandmother. It was inside a small display case. Her mother loved that vase and frequently referred to it as the family treasure. At that time I was an accident-prone child. One day while running up and down the living room, I accidentally knocked over the display case. The vase hit the floor with a loud crash and shattered into pieces. I was shocked and frightened at what I’d done, screamed and began sobbing”.

Harmonic Price Patterns - Page 13 Z_p-3911

Buddha visit - The Buddha accepted his father’s invitation and returned to visit his homeland. During this visit, he preached the Dhamma to King Suddhodana. The Compassionate One said he knew the King’s heart was full of affection and deeply grieved. The painting depicts how an artist saw it.

“I remember my mother come running into the room. There was fear in her face. Seeing the shattered vase, she sighed heavily. Then she saw me sitting on the floor wailing. “I’m sorry, Amma. I’m sorry, Amma. I broke the family treasure!” Seeing despair on my face, my mother was silent for a moment. Faced with two powerful and conflicting instincts - one toward anger and blame, the other toward compassion and forgiveness, she sat next to me, pulled me on her lap, and kissed my tears. “Sweetheart, when I ran in here, I was terrified that something bad had happened to our family’s most precious treasure. But thank God, you’re okay. Kushi, you are the family treasure.”

“My mother turned what could have been a painful incident and a lifelong source of guilt into an enduring source of affirmation and worthiness. That day I experienced a mother’s limitless love towards her children.”
The study

This is a story of parental love. It’s a love we would never quantify. Their love is unchanged, unconditional and cannot be measured. Parents are the fountains of our lives. They are the sun and moon in our world, in our family. The father is the Sun and mother is the moon. As Buddhists, as well as grateful and faithful sons and daughters, we cannot think of a life without our parents.

The study of parental love is something from which social scientists long shied away. But with the increased interest in the origin of mental illnesses, more attention is being paid to the infancy and childhood of human beings. What investigations have revealed is that parental love is, beyond all cavil or question, the most important experience in the life of a human being.

For the new-born baby, survival is of the first importance. But survival alone is not enough - and in most cases it is doubtful whether the mere satisfaction of his physical needs will secure even that. We now know from the observations of a number of physician and investigators that parental love is an essential part of the nourishment of every baby and that unless he is loved he will not develop as a healthy organism.

The Buddha has taught us that it is our bounden duty, a moral obligation to respect and support our parents unceasingly, especially when they reach old age, and when they are feeble or sick. If one does not support one’s parents in general or in the latter part of their lives in particular; he or she, according to Buddhism, is an ungrateful and uncivilised son or daughter. The Buddha declared this very clearly in the Wasala sutta, the Discourse on outcastes:

Whosoever being wealthy supports not his mother and father who have grown old - know him as an outcast.

On the contrary, in the Mangala Sutta, the Buddha said, to support mother and father, to cherish wife and children, and to be engaged in peaceful occupation - this is the greatest blessing.

In the Katannu Sutta, the Buddha said, I tell you, monks, there are two people who are not easy to repay. Which two? Your mother and father. Even if you were to carry your mother on one shoulder and your father on the other shoulder for 100 years, and were to look after them by anointing, massaging, bathing, and rubbing their limbs, and they were to defecate and urinate right there [on your shoulders], you would not in that way pay or repay your parents.

If you were to establish your mother and father in absolute sovereignty over this great earth, abounding in the seven treasures, you would not in that way pay or repay your parents. Why is that? Mother and father do much for their children. They care for them, they nourish them, and they introduce them to this world. But anyone who rouses his unbelieving mother and father, settles and establishes them in conviction; rouses his unvirtuous mother and father, settles and establishes them in virtue; rouses his stingy mother and father, settles and establishes them in generosity; rouses his foolish mother and father, settles and establishes them in discernment: To this extent one pays and repays one’s mother and father.
Duties

In the Sigalovada Sutta the Buddha laid down rules elaborating the duties of children and parents.

The duties of a child towards its parents are five in number:

(1) Support them with four requisites-food and drinks, clothing, shelter, and medication
(2) Perform their duties such as helping them to do whatever they find difficult to do
(3) Keep up the family tradition, name, and image
(4) Be worthy of their inheritance
(5) Transfer merit to them after their death.

Parents love - The parents’ love towards children is unchanged, unconditional and cannot be measured

Parents, too, have a duty to take good care of their children as set by the teachings of the Buddha. There are five primary duties that a parent must do while bringing up a child:

(1) Advise to refrain from doing anything evil
(2) Persuade to do meritorious actions
(3) Ensuring properly educated.
(4) Guiding to the right path in the careful selection of a spouse.
(5) Passing on inheritances

These duties make good sense even today. They form basis of good family relationships and the democratic and social ethics of a Buddhist.
Live and love

Harmonic Price Patterns - Page 13 Z_p-3910

Parental love towards children is creative, greatly enriching the lives of the receiver and the giver. It is the only thing in the world of which one cannot give anyone too much. Genuine parental love has a firmness and discipline of its own for which there can be no substitute; it can never harm or inhibit or spoil, it can only benefit.

Scientists are today discovering that to live as if live and love were one is an indispensable condition - because this is the way of life which the innate nature of man demands. The idea is not new. What is new is that contemporary men should be rediscovering, by scientific means, the ancient truths as delivered by the Buddha nearly 2,600 years ago. For human beings - and for humanity - nothing could be more important.
sashimaal
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:14 am
Shark,

Sigalowada Sutra talks not only about Parent-Children relationships but many other role relationships (husband/wife; student/teacher; Master/servant, etc).

It is called "The Layperson's Code of Discipline" or commonly called Gihi Vinaya in Sinhalese. It's important to understand that this is not about the main message of Buddhism - which is about "letting go" and almost every Religion says these things in their own way. But it gives a message for worldly people such as us on how to live a good life.

Following links maybe useful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigalovada_Sutta
http://www.thebuddhism.net/2012/10/08/sigalovada-sutta/
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.31.0.nara.html

Last edited by sashimaal on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:20 am
sashimaal wrote:Shark,

Sigalowada Sutra talks not only about Parent-Children relationships but many other role relationships (husband/wife; student/teacher; Master/servant, etc).

Important to understand that it's called "The Layperson's Code of Discipline" or commonly called Gihi Vinaya in Sinhalese. It's not about the main message of Buddhism (as almost every Religion says these things). But it gives a message for worldly people such as us on how to live a good life.

Following links maybe useful:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigalovada_Sutta
http://www.thebuddhism.net/2012/10/08/sigalovada-sutta/
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/dn/dn.31.0.nara.html
Thanks Sash Very Happy Since today was Poya Day i thought of posting something from Sunday Observer..... We all learn great many things from all religions whether Budhists Hindus Islam or Christianity
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:43 am
TAH,

"Shoot the messenger" was a figure of speech.   Don't twist it .  

As an Admin at SLEF I always asked questions openly (  when someone seemed to have ulterior motive)  and took action openly . Ofcourse I or Small or any Mod could not watch everyone for 24 horus. Some post and people would have escaped
if they did not have lot of fits. If I banned someone  ( only less than 5 for sure ) I told them why  , discussed with them , and gave plenty of warning beforehand.   I did not play hidden games. You knew it , I knew  everyone else did too.  
On Whitebull ( RiJaaya) I went on talking with him for years not months before his ban .  You also PMed  me regarding him to discuss the issue.

It was my duty to the general  public as an Admin  to protect them from cunning or people with agendas. Administration should not be the ones themselves taking public for ride on their agendas . That beyond my ethics on all count.  

You are person who caused me harm to side with bad people  to tarnish my name with false insider info crap.  So  I asked direct questions and I told you why  I asked them. You gave some answers. Let the people decide.   For me I see some of my question were evaded with indirect unnecessary talk. I don't wish to talk with you further on this.  

Please note , I will ask questions from you or anyone if I deem right . no one can stop me.  How they respond and what they say it upto them. Public will be the judge.

Have a good day.

Last edited by slstock on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total
smallville
smallville
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:51 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
SHARK a.k.a TAH wrote:

Shark

Taking the co-admin part only served the EVIL motives of GMnut and Satar not anybody else.. When all left they wanted somebody closer to ppl to take up the position and wash their mud off their hands. They wanted you to clean their names from deceive, treachery and sin. From your part, u've fallen into the trap very well.
I saw you appearing after most of the topic either Gilmart or satar starts and praised for bringing up the good posts.. LOL.. that's what they hired u for (for money, for other benefits or no benefits at all).

We, Sls & Smallville would have granted you a moderator-ship in our time (we would have asked even) but refrained so cuz it was a responsible task. And when ur a moderator, uploading charts and patterns would have to be done in a very careful manner or you would have also been accused of various things. I.e. such as GMnut accused both admins of market manipulation. Ok.. we felt sorry for that idiot's lack of a brain. But that's fuel for some fools to generate stories..

You saw the many promotions and yet did nothing - 1 or 2 occasions we saw u asked them to back-off but never stepped up like US to stop those.. U could've easily deleted the baseless promotional topics but u didnt .. Now if u were man enuf as u praise here and had concerns about new comers, u knew that if they make the wrong choices, they would definitely go flat and whine.. Still u ddint give a rats ass to stop promotions..
Just go there and see how many are promoting their shares to go up.. How many are trying to tell ppl to play casino with shares..

So in that context, I dont understand your motives would have been to serve the new generation or the hunger for power.

I think u should have a good idea of what u want.. Just telling us something else doesn't fit your "TAH" criteria.. May be the soulless "SHARK" could absorb it.
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:42 am
Message reputation : 0% (3 votes)

As an Admin at SLEF I always asked questions openly (  when someone seemed to have ulterior motive)  and took action openly . Ofcourse I or Small or any Mod could not watch everyone for 24 horus. Some post and people would have escaped
if they did not have lot of fits.  If I banned someone  ( only less than 5 for sure ) I told them why  , discussed with them , and gave plenty of warning beforehand.   I did not play hidden games. You knew it , I knew  everyone else did too.  
On Whitebull ( RiJaaya) I went on talking with him for years not months before his ban .  You also PMed  me regarding him to discuss the issue.

It was my duty to the general  public as an Admin  to protect them from cunning or people with agendas. Administration should not be the ones themselves taking public for ride on their agendas . That beyond my ethics on all count.  

You are person who caused me harm to side with bad people  to tarnish my name with false insider info crap.  So  I asked direct questions and I told you why  I asked them. You gave some answers. Let the people decide.   For me I see some of my question were evaded with indirect unnecessary talk. I don't wish to talk with you further on this.  

That is what you think, i just opened up the floor for you to clarify the article and through 3rd party i sent the messages for you to come clarify the matter so we get over this as fast as possible and thats it. I did not go asking questions from you and you know that when that article appeared. I was not interested at all about you or the article. with you being stubborn for so long did nothing to put a simple explanation and you wanted this to give it extra mileage to get sympathy from the members and it worked quiet ok for you. For me it all looks a conspiracy theory. so why dont you start a new thread with our Motive being in IS, I will gladly accept to put mine

Please note , I will ask questions from you or anyone if I deem right . no one can stop me.  How they respond and what they say it upto them. Public will be the judge.

Finally please don't cross my path and i will not cross yours. Stick to what you know and i will do the same. Yes something aint deem right you know what because you seem to have a soft corner for GMNet even at this stage to forgive and forget what he/she is doing now. what would the members in IS think of that, that you are Mr. Nice Guy and even going out of your way to forgive a soul which caused you harm and nothing but trouble as stated by your own words, and now you are back tracking. And it is not my concern what you are looking for at the end of the day here.

Have a good day.

If it took so long for you to leave SLEF and cross over to IS, all that time what were you doing their. why is it a matter of motive now for me be an active member in SLEF and in IS. I did not crossover btw. Who can guarantee you are their in SLEF through indirect means. Anyways it is your right to be anywhere.
This will be my last reply to you on this subject and i dont want the members here to think there is a spat between 2 going on and it has taken center stage.
And please note when i quit posting at SLEF i did that at the spur of the moment as a mark of respect to you, i realised many things during that time or the transition period.
I rather be discussing stocks in my thread than some gory which you want ...

Last edited by SHARK a.k.a TAH on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
https://investorsentiment.forumotion.net

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:56 am
TAH - Although your intentions were not bad as as say, The reason that article appeared there is to sling mud at sls and/or in the hope of making him to go there to post a reply. Just to lure him. If the intention was genuine on their behalf they could have always asked for clarification here.

If articles that we need clarification are written elsewhere in the cyberspace, we do not invite the authors to our place to clarify, do we? We post our concerns where the article appeared to the author.

I also request everyone not to use any aggressive language. We have been here at harmony. This might be a small place bit precious to many and useful as well.

Our purpose is to educate. That's why we have notccensored the names of other forums and have allowed them to even represent here. Unlike them of course.

I hope this subject can be put off for now. If we have a common objective, let's work towards it.
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:08 am
Yes Admin you got a +Rep from me
slstock
slstock
Veteran
Veteran

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:36 am
Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)
Are you making any sense  at all TAH? Calm down and listen to yourself.
Why all this anger and hatred that  that seems to be coming out now?  We have not seen this before.

1) If you repped and under stood what Admin account said just now,  why the hate on me to ask why I kept silent?
I am the one who was the target. You are contradicting youself.

Also read below to find answer to your exact question.. and for your info I did reply for YOUR sake not because I have to. READ.
http://forum.lankaninvestor.com/t1010p240-note-to-members-of-investor-sentiment-forum#12110

2)  I have clearly mentioned of my motive to return here in june and the "Note to member thread".
No need for me to open new thread just for you to post.   Read without bias.  

3) Are you trying to make new story to sling mud at me out of Hatred I asked some questions form you?
My self and small are the only ones direct enough to ask you straight without hidden games.

Btw, how can I  have a soft corner to a low level  activist who tried to do damage to me  , created chaos at SLEF to kill a good thing,    abused seniors , lied so many times  and more importantly  I have no personal connection even?
 Have you met her ?  I have not.

4)    Is this the TAH I knew and sent a PM to ?
      What is really going on with you ? Don you think you you have mixed up your issues and people?
      You are someone who tried to preach non violence and none hatred.  I recall you once told me to forgive people also.
      Why all this hatred TAH?

How about replying to Small's concern also.

5) "Finally please don't cross my path and i will not cross yours."

Hope this is not threat mister TAH?   I don't like threats.

SHARK a.k.a TAH wrote:

if they did not have lot of fits.  If I banned someone  ( only less than 5 for sure ) I told them why  , discussed with them , and gave plenty of warning beforehand.   I did not play hidden games. You knew it , I knew  everyone else did too.  

That is what you think, i just opened up the floor for you to clarify the article and through 3rd party i sent the messages for you to come clarify the matter so we get over this as fast as possible and thats it. I did not go asking questions from you and you know that when that article appeared. I was not interested at all about you or the article. with you being stubborn for so long did nothing to put a simple explanation and you wanted this to give it extra mileage to get sympathy from the members and it worked quiet ok for you. For me it all looks a conspiracy theory. so why dont you start a new thread with our Motive being in IS, I will gladly accept to put mine

Finally please don't cross my path and i will not cross yours. Stick to what you know and i will do the same. Yes something aint deem right you know what because you seem to have a soft corner for GMNet even at this stage to forgive and forget what he/she is doing now. what would the members in IS think of that, that you are Mr. Nice Guy and even going out of your way to forgive a soul which caused you harm and nothing but trouble as stated by your own words, and now you are back tracking. And it is not my concern what you are looking for at the end of the day here.

Have a good day.

If it took so long for you to leave SLEF and cross over to IS, all that time what were you doing their. why is it a matter of motive now for me be an active member in SLEF and in IS. I did not crossover btw. Who can guarantee you are their in SLEF through indirect means. Anyways it is your right to be anywhere.
This will be my last reply to you on this subject and i dont want the members here to think there is a spat between 2 going on and it has taken center stage.
And please note when i quit posting at SLEF i did that at the spur of the moment as a mark of respect to you, i realised many things during that time or the transition period.
I rather be discussing stocks in my thread than some gory which you want ...

Last edited by slstock on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:43 am
Message reputation : 0% (3 votes)
Forgive & Forget .... Yes... I am doing that for you & Smallv.....

Thank you ......

Shark
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:46 am
And I am Calm as a SHARK as well Very Happy

Happy Trading
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 am
Will LIOC close 1.50 above 45 and with hold selling pressure on XD
Or will it stay around 45 and find a support 42.50~41.50
SHARK a.k.a TAH
SHARK a.k.a TAH
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:39 am
Trading range for LIOC in coming days would be 43.3 on LOW and 45 HIGH, provided big sharks (not me) dont mess it around.
few more days to XD thereafter.

lets see how they want to play it ....

holding small qty of 29000 @ avg 41.8
sashimaal
sashimaal
Top contributor
Top contributor

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:49 am
It's the macro factors that will affect LIOC more than big sharks. Currently they are favorable. Big sharks have collected enough for generations Smile

Disc: not holding
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum